🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client ended contract, requested refund, fund...
Page options
beckyfaye
Community Member

Client ended contract, requested refund, funded milestone.

So as the title suggests, last week now I filed a dispute against a client.

He said he didn't like the work and it wasn't what he asked for. (It was exactly what he asked for.) He then ended the contract, and asked for a refund to which I rejected.

This has opened a dispute in which he has not responded to, in any way.

What happens next since the past client is now unresponsive? The milestone was fully funded and the contract has now ended.

The dispute team and customer service aren't giving me any updates on what is going on and whether I will get this money back

Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rebecca M wrote:
I have already followed up with the team and I have gotten no response as of yet, and it's been a week? Thankyou for following up on the case...

Just sit tight and say as little as possible in the dispute thread so the client doesn't get alerted to participate....

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
beckyfaye
Community Member

Also I read on the community posts here that if the client doesn't respond after 7 days of the dispute ticket being opened, then the money for the funded milestone is sent to the freelancer?

if this is the case then I should have been updated about this fund, as this happened a week ago now.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rebecca,

It looks like you have an open ticket with our team about this dispute. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place. We will also follow up with the team about your case.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
beckyfaye
Community Member

I have already followed up with the team and I have gotten no response as of yet, and it's been a week? Thankyou for following up on the case...

Rebecca M wrote:

Just sit tight and say as little as possible in the dispute thread so the client doesn't get alerted to participate....

I did. He got his money and so did I which I just said fine too cause I was sick of the dispute not being resolved haha
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths