Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Client ended contract with no payment and made my jobscore low

anton-prokhur
Anton P Member Since: Jul 26, 2017
1 of 5

Hello!

I had bad experience in making project for client and here is my story - in case someone has any suggestions as to how to proceed to manage it.

I took invite for the interview and client gave me job immediately after few minutes of talking. It was handwriting logo design. We had aggreed that I have 3 days to make design. We understood eachother correctly and I started to work. After 2 days client wrote me with the question about when the logo is going to be ready, and since by that time I had several varians almost done,  I sent the client 5 different logos in the requested handwriting style.

Later this evening I received an answer: "Hello, thanks for your email. Unfortunately this is far from what we are after. will need to cancel this order." After this client immediately canceled the contract. In fact, all suggested varians were in line with the style ofwhat what given as a desired example. So such cancellation was not objective. Moreover, the client refused to give any explanations or to explaint for any amendments to be done by me. And the main problem is that the client made my work success score 89%, while before this it was 100% and all of my projects and clients were satisfied with my work.

Also client wrote me that she will look for another designer. After this conflict I started monitoring her account and I didn't see any jobs that client opened for designer.

Since I clearly followed the instructions and were able to make necessary amendments to provide the product in duie time. I consider such actions of the client as highly unprofessional and unfair.

Does anyone know where can I write an appeal for returning my jobscore? Any suggestions please.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 5

re: "Does anyone know where can I write an appeal for returning my jobscore?"

I'm sorry. It doesn't work that way.

Work hard on the next few jobs you do and your job success core will go up.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 5

"cancel this order." is a red flag that it's a **Edited for Community Guidelines** looking for free work. They talk about "orders." It looks to me like you swim in that really overly cheap area of upwork and this usually happens when you mess around with the cheap people.

mahmud685
Ashik M Member Since: Aug 10, 2011
4 of 5

I agree with you. This is a global problem now. Upwork should introduce mutual cancellation system. It is best for all. Because sometime it happens that client wrongly hire the freelancer.

Syed Ashik Mahmud
Web Developer and Server Admin
tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
5 of 5

Your work should have either been billed at an hourly rate and recorded by the Time Tracker so you would be paid for the time invested or submitted pursuant to a funded milestone. If the client had funded a milestone and then canceled the order, you could dispute the issuance of a refund to him or her. Without those protections, you were tricked into working for free. Report the client. 

If it wasn't a scam and the client truly was so unhappy with your work as to cancel the contract for that reason, then whether you agree with the client's assessment or not, the JSS system is working as intended. The client didn't like your work, gave a review reflecting that fact and it has caused your JSS to drop. Clients cannot be forced to issue subjective opinions in line with our wishes.

I once spent 6 hours creating a document that included exactly those items that I had promised it would only to have the client respond that it was nothing like what she expected. To this day I have no idea what she was expecting as we had talked for at least an hour (off the clock) about what I would be doing. Fortunately, I had billed the six hours properly and was paid for (most of) my time. Also, fortunately, I closed the contract and she didn't bother to leave feedback. I took the hit for a closed contract without feedback though.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS