🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client ended contract without payment.
Page options
rt29
Community Member

Client ended contract without payment.

Hello everyone.

A client ended our contract yesterday. However, he did not just 'end' it - the contract page says "cancelled by client". In his message, he thanked me for the work and said that "all was released".

Is this a mistake on his part and can it be rectified so I get paid even after the contract has ended?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
kinector
Community Member

It's an hourly contract. You got paid for all hours so far, billed weekly, I guess.

By what logic would you should get paid when no longer having a contract with the client?

Do you mean the last week's hours you logged when the contract was still valid?
sjbercot
Community Member

Have you already worked hours and tracked your time properly using the tracker? You should be paid for those hours even if the contract was "cancelled." 

aftabhusain2277
Community Member

It isn't possible.

If it was hourly and you had billed him hours or if he had money in escrow, the client won't be able to cancel without your approval.

If the client hadn't deposited money in escrow, and you hadn't billed him yet, he would be able to end the contract without your approval.

petra_r
Community Member

It was an hourly contract (weirdly at a rate of 3 to 4 times what you usually charge and over twice your (inflated) profile rate).

If you tracked or logged your hours, you get paid automatically.

If you didn't track your hours, why didn't you? It's not your first hourly contract, so it's not as if you don't know how it works?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members