🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client ended contract
Page options
cd28b488
Community Member

Client ended contract

Hi guys. Please tell me what the right thing to do here.

My client offer a 900$ contaract and make a first milestone for 50$ 

He want me to finish the website that he want first after he approve the finish project he will release the 50$ and after he said he will make new milestone for the remaining 850$ when i finally transfer it to his domain. But what happen right now is that he keep asking for revision. I've been working to this project for a month now. But the client ended it and want refund the 50$ on escow . Please tell me what is the right thing to do here?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Friedaze B wrote:

My client offer a 900$ contaract and make a first milestone for 50$ 

He want me to finish the website that he want first after he approve the finish project he will release the 50$ and after he said he will make new milestone for the remaining 850$ when i finally transfer it to his domain. 

There is nothing you can do to get $850. In future, don't hand over $900 worth of work against a $50 milestone.

You can choose to dispute the return of the $50. That's as much as you will (maybe) get from this contract.

cd28b488
Community Member

should i refund the 50$? i work hard on it hard too but he ended it and all of the effort are wasted now.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Please tell me what is the right thing to do here?"

Forget about the $850.

Petra is correct. You used Upwork incorrectly when you did work that was not paid for by a FUNDED escrow payment. Don't do that again.

Say no to the request for a $50 refund.

re: "But what happen right now is that he keep asking for revision. I've been working to this project for a month now."

You made a big mistake. But the important thing is that you learned from your mistake and won't do it again in the future. Next time, if a client keeps asking for revisions like that... if the client asks for ANYTHING that is not specifically written down in the original task description, then DON'T DO THE NEW WORK FOR FREE. Offer to do the new thing when the client closes the current fixed-price contract and creates a new hourly or a new fixed-price contract for $XX.00 to cover the cost.

Thank you for this sir . I am not gonna be introuble if i dont refund ? I'm new here and this the first time i encounter this too . By the way thanks to you guys who answer. I really appriciate it 

petra_r
Community Member

Friedaze B wrote:

I am not gonna be in trouble if i dont refund ?

No, of course not. You are entitled to dispute

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members