🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client ended the contract before releasing th...
Page options
amareshnk
Community Member

Client ended the contract before releasing the full payment - filling for a dispute?

Hi,

I have worked on fixed price contract where I submitted work but I got paid less than half. I don't see view request in the ended contract to raise the disputes. Please help me with raising dispute.

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amaresh,

You can check out these helpful articles to learn more about disputes. I checked the contract you are referring to and it seems that your client funded only the first milestone. Please note that unfunded milestones are not covered by the Fixed-Price Protection. As the contract already ended, you may want to consider reaching out to your client so that they can issue a bonus payment.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Amaresh N wrote:

I have worked on fixed price contract where I submitted work but I got paid less than half. I don't see view request in the ended contract to raise the disputes. Please help me with raising dispute.

Were you paid all that was funded?

If you can't see a way to dispute, then the rest was likely not funded. There is no way to dispute this

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Client ended the contract before releasing the full payment - filling for a dispute?"

There must be some misunderstanding.

A client is not able to unilaterally end a contract without releasing all of the money in escrow.

If a client ends a fixed-price contract, then the client only has two options:

- release all money in escrow to the freelancer

[or]

- edit the amount of money to LESS than the full amount, which triggers a REQUEST for a refund.

The freelancer may ACCEPT the refund request.
Or the freelancer may REJECT the refund request.

If the freelancer rejects the refund request, then this automatically creates a dispute.

If a client "promised" to pay the freelancer more money than was actually in escrow, that doesn't count.
Only the money in escrow is what counts. So there is not really any such thing as "the full payment" outside of what money is actually FUNDED in escrow.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members