🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client ended the contract before the dead...
Page options
62bc8ac2
Community Member

Client ended the contract before the deadline

Hello Community People,

Hope you have a great weekend.

Recently I have worked in a project but in the middle of the project (before the deadline) client wanted to end the contract and he ended and paid only one third of the full payment and asked for the refund for rest of the amount. I submitted the demo but he didn't say anything regarding the task and suddenly end the contract. I accepted his refund request. He gave me 5 star public review. Since I am top rated with 100% JSS so I am afrid about my JSS. Is it effect my JSS? I also informed to upwork support via chat before two days ago but didn't get any response from them.

Looking forward some expert opinion.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
e6b076bb
Community Member

If the client ended the contract before the deadline and requested a refund for the remaining payment, it's possible that your Job Success Score (JSS) may be affected. However, the impact on your JSS will depend on several factors, such as the reason for the contract ending, the amount of money refunded, and your overall performance on Upwork.

Since you have a 100% JSS and are a top-rated freelancer, it's unlikely that one negative feedback will significantly impact your score. However, it's important to note that Upwork uses a complex algorithm to calculate JSS, and the impact of any negative feedback may vary.

It's good that you informed Upwork's support team about the issue, and you can follow up with them if you don't hear back in a timely manner. They may be able to provide you with more information on how this could impact your JSS and what steps you can take to minimize any negative impact.

In the future, it's a good idea to communicate regularly with your clients to ensure that they are satisfied with your work and to address any concerns they may have before they escalate to the point of contract termination.

Zeeshan,

If a client closes a project before it's finished that's not a problem for the freelancer unless the freelancer feels they have not be sufficiently paid for the limited work they've done. (This can partially be avoided by setting up milestones correctly and strategically.)

But none of this has anything to do with a freelancer's JSS, which is determined based on the private and, to a much lesser extent apparently, public feedback from the client. There is no effect of a happy client simply closing down a project before it's completed by the freelancer.

The client might have just changed his mind about the project. Nothing in the original poster's post indicated the client was unhappy with the freelancer's work.

39a0122b
Community Member

It is difficult to predict with certainty how your Job Success Score (JSS) will be affected by this situation, as JSS is calculated based on multiple factors such as completed jobs, client satisfaction, and long-term relationships with clients. However, since you accepted the refund request and the client gave you a 5-star public review, it is possible that the impact on your JSS may be minimized.

It is a good practice to inform Upwork support of any issues related to contracts and payments. However, it may take some time for them to respond due to the high volume of inquiries they receive. If you have not received a response from them, you may want to follow up with them to get an update on your request.

In any case, it is important to continue delivering high-quality work and maintaining positive relationships with clients to improve your chances of getting new jobs and maintaining a high JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths