cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client ended the contract without funding the project.

j_medianero
Jerrebel M Member Since: Nov 18, 2016
1 of 7

I got an hourly contract. i have completed it and the client approved. When the client promised to pay a day after, she ended the contract. Please help.

j_medianero
Jerrebel M Member Since: Nov 18, 2016
2 of 7

The client approved the project i wrote with a smile and promised to pay within today.,the  i found out she ended the contact

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

If it was an hourly contract and you used the tracker the client will get automatically charged for the time you logged using the team app on Monday.

That is how hourly contracts work. There is no "funding the project" - you track your time and get paid automatically.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
4 of 7

If I'm wrong, correct me, but wouln't the clients account need to be Verified in order for hourly contracts to work? If the clients account isn't verified, it wouldn't matter (Upwork's hourly payment protection guarantee) if you used Tracker and typed in notes for the screenshot.

anima9
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 7

Assuming you worked with a real contract using the tracker:

The payment doesn't come out until about 10 days. It's been this way for a LOOONG time so don't worry about it. As long as you see the amount in your REPORTS tab under "WORK IN PROGRESS", you should be fine.

Now if you got a contract but never used the tracker (or not use manual time), you're doomed.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
6 of 7

re: "The client approved the project I wrote with a smile and promised to pay within today, then I found out she ended the contact."

This is normal.

When I hire freelancers as a client, I nearly always use hourly contracts.

As soon as I receive the work I want from them, I close the contract and give feedback.

This is a week to two weeks before they actually get their money into their bank accounts.

The freelancers like this, because they like getting the jobs closed and receiving their feedback as soon as possible.

They know that it can take some time for the payment details to show up on various Upwork screens, such as their User Profile, and they know it may take even longer to receive the money.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Jerrebel,

It looks like you are referring to the hour contract that started and ended this week. The client will be billed according to the weekly billing cycle despite the contract being closed. Please, check your Reports tab and you will see the hours and payment moving from In Progress to In Review, Pending and Available over the next couple of weeks.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS