🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client ends the contract and asked for refund
Page options
palswastik12
Community Member

Client ends the contract and asked for refund

Hi

One of the client ended the contract suddenly and asked for the refund of escrow amount. 1st milestone is approved and I have requested to withdrawal that one. But in 2nd milestone, client gave me changes even I have completed the 2nd milestone and submitted it. But suddenly client ended the contract and asked for refund.. so that will include the approved amount too in the refund amount?

And what I need to do to get the 2nd milestone amount? I don't need the 3rd milestone amount as that was not started yet.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The client didn't ask for a refund, but for a return of the escrow funds for the second milestone.

You can decline that request, which will open dispute mediation.

This request for the return of escrow funds was triggered when the client closed the contract without releasing the funds. It does not include the funds already released to you for the first milestone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wlyonsatl
Community Member

If you did the work as agreed, don't agree to a refund.

If you submitted the work for both milestones to the client using the "Submit" button on the project page, the amounts in escrow will be transferred to your account as soon as the client approves them or 14 days passes after each submission.

If the client formally requests a refund, Upwork mediation will get in touch with you. Follow their instruction and answer all of their questions completely.

Good luck!

Thanks Will

What if client ends the project then still I can get the amount??

And what the amount that is withdrawal by me..?

The client didn't ask for a refund, but for a return of the escrow funds for the second milestone.

You can decline that request, which will open dispute mediation.

This request for the return of escrow funds was triggered when the client closed the contract without releasing the funds. It does not include the funds already released to you for the first milestone.

amir-shahzad
Community Member

Sorry to say but Upwork does not impose much rules on employers as I had one of case when employer after getting the work done left me with bad feedback although everything mentioned in the Upwork messages was completed. I contacted Upwork support and they were not of any help instead they suggested me to request employer for feedback change or we can request on your behalf so I deem better to refund. I had 10% of such cases in my whole career where I was not able to satisfy my client in my belief and I happily refunded myself and even said sorry but that case was exceptional and I was not willing to refund but I have to for removing a single bad feedback from my profile.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members