🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client feedback
Page options
6666da7e
Community Member

Client feedback

Hi,

Cllient approved my submission, I have ended contract and gave feedback, but didn't get yet client feedback?

The client sent me a message - "UPWORK SAID WE HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO RATE YOUR WORK. BUT WE WILL GIVE YOU A TOP RATING".

Is it asusual?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Foyjur R wrote:

"UPWORK SAID WE HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO RATE YOUR WORK. BUT WE WILL GIVE YOU A TOP RATING".

Is it asusual?

It's nonsense. The client only has 14 days after you closed the contract to leave feedback.

The client doesn't want to leave feedback and you need to leave them alone now.

You should have encouraged the client to close the contract, rather tham closing it yourself. That way you'd have been guaranteed feedback.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Foyjur R wrote:

"UPWORK SAID WE HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO RATE YOUR WORK. BUT WE WILL GIVE YOU A TOP RATING".

Is it asusual?

It's nonsense. The client only has 14 days after you closed the contract to leave feedback.

The client doesn't want to leave feedback and you need to leave them alone now.

You should have encouraged the client to close the contract, rather tham closing it yourself. That way you'd have been guaranteed feedback.

6666da7e
Community Member

Thank you!

prianka_sachi
Community Member

"UPWORK SAID WE HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO RATE YOUR WORK. BUT WE WILL GIVE YOU A TOP RATING"

- This statement is strange to me, my client provided feedback to me within a day. Ideally, I've read that it's better for the client to close the contract, but in terms of feedback, I don't think either party closing it affects the response time. Once the contract is closed, by either party, there's a 14-day period where the feedback should be provided, after that, for the client to add feedback, they'll have to message you directly and request that option. 

I've attached the link to the article below;

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-Leave-Feedback-on-a-Contract

petra_r
Community Member

Foyjur R wrote:

The client sent me a message - "UPWORK SAID WE HAVE TO WAIT 30 DAYS TO RATE YOUR WORK. BUT WE WILL GIVE YOU A TOP RATING".

Just to add - When a contract is still open, the above is true for "mid contract feedback" which can be left on an open (!) and ongoing contract, but only once the contract has been running for 30+ days. It is not the case when a contract has been closed.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths