🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client file dispute on ended contract.!
Page options
mr_zia
Community Member

Client file dispute on ended contract.!

Hi

Client end the contract on 19 septemeber the money is already released to me. Now he file dispute and he is asking to banned me on upwork and want full refund (the refund of all milestones). I contact the upwork chat agent she told me that client can still file dispute if he/she have issue/bugs or missing functionalities in the last agreed milestone (i am 100% agree with this).But i asked the client so many times to provide me the list issues/bugs.The agent assign to the dispute is not getting my view. My view is very simple and clear. I did his project and deliver it on 9 august if still he have issue/bugs or missing functionality in the last milestone then i am here to fix it.

Dispute agent is not getting my view and client have no issue/bug in the last milestone and still he is asking for full refund .Now i don't know what to do ?

Why the client wants to banned me on upwork?

He recently discused new project (add new feature to the project ) with me i told him that i will do but later i decide to not work with this client because he doesn't like the upwork 14 days review count down for fixed price project. So now he is angry.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Zia U wrote:

Dispute agent is not getting my view and client have no issue/bug in the last milestone and still he is asking for full refund .Now i don't know what to do ?

The mediator can only encourage you and your client to try to come to an agreement; they cannot take sides or stop your client from asking for a full refund. If you can't come to an agreement, both you and your client will have to pay $291 for arbitration. If you're sure that you're in the right and you delivered everything that was promised, then perhaps your client will back down instead of risking his money.

View solution in original post

Zia U wrote:

Hi Aleksandar

you can read the messages i told him so many times to provide the list off issue/bugs i will fix if he have in the last milestone.but he don't have issue/bugs.

I don't know why he file the dispute if he don't have issues/bug? what he want?

I don't have $300 to spend on arbitration.

If he have 1 issue or 1000 issues in the last milestone or in the whole project i will fix all them if could send.

He wants full refund of all milestones and he told the dispute agent that he will never use the code deliverd by me.

It sounds like your client doesn't want you to fix the bugs - they want a refund - and the Upwork mediator can't force them to change their minds, no matter how many times you offer. So the next step is mediation. If you can't afford it/don't want to take a risk, then you might consider offering a small refund first, and see if the client will accept that.

Zia U wrote:

And now he don't want to fix bug/issue but he now want to shutdown my account and get his money back.

Clients don't have the power to shut down your account. If you didn't do anything wrong, for example by breaking Upwork's terms of service, then you can just ignore these threats.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Zia,

I'm sorry to hear about what happened. I see the team is already assisting you on this ticket so I suggest posting your questions there. For more information about the dispute process, you can check this Community thread.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar

you can read the messages i told him so many times to provide the list off issue/bugs i will fix if he have in the last milestone.but he don't have issue/bugs.

If he have 1 issue or 1000 issues in the last milestone or in the whole project i will fix all them if could send.

He wants full refund of all milestones and he told the dispute agent that he will never use the code deliverd by me.

What type of clients he is i did his project very well. Delivered it he test it and have no bug and give 5 star feedback. Still he is not leaving me.And now he don't want to fix bug/issue but he now want to shutdown my account and get his money back.

Zia U wrote:

Hi Aleksandar

It sounds like your client doesn't want you to fix the bugs - they want a refund - and the Upwork mediator can't force them to change their minds, no matter how many times you offer. So the next step is mediation. If you can't afford it/don't want to take a risk, then you might consider offering a small refund first, and see if the client will accept that.

Zia U wrote:

And now he don't want to fix bug/issue but he now want to shutdown my account and get his money back.

Clients don't have the power to shut down your account. If you didn't do anything wrong, for example by breaking Upwork's terms of service, then you can just ignore these threats.

Hi

First i don't have $300 for arbitration.If client have issue/bugs in the last milestone he send i will fix all the bugs within 1 hours.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Why the client wants to banned me on upwork?"

Because the client is a petulant man-child who thinks it is okay to throw a tantrum and threaten people if he doesn't get his way.

Of course you made the right decision to NOT work for him again after he has behaved so inappropriately.

Whatever he told you... no, he can no get you banned from Upwork because you decided  to not work for him again. Whether he wants to force you to work for free, or work for pay, it doesn't matter. He has no right to force you. And he shouldn't have asked for a refund.

Here is a basic concept successful clients follow: If they want a freelancer to work for them, they pay the freelancer. It is preposterous that this client contacted you about a CLOSED CONTRACT and tried to get you to do something without clearly offering you to pay you using a new (hourly) contract. That is what I would have done, and I bet my way would have been effective.

(Although, based on your description of events, it is not clear that the client even asked you to do something when he first contacted you after the contract was closed. It sounds like he was just trying to steal money from you, asking for a refund for no reason. Only later did he ask to hire you again to add a new feature. And then he was mad that you did not want to work for him?!)

Preston thanks for your reply.

Actually i told him that i will sign new contract with him. Then he was forcing me to sign the new contract. Then i contact  your live chat agent (chat id is 32728429) agent told me that client can't force you to sign new contract if you like then sign new contract with him if you don't like then don't  sign.

Now he is telling in the dispute conversation that he can spend thousands of dollars to get banned /off you on upwork.?

He told the dispute agent that he will never use the code deliverd by me.He wants full refund the money of previous milestone also.

As professional i told him that if he have issues in the last milestone i am still here to fix it.

re: "Now he is telling in the dispute conversation that he can spend thousands of dollars to get banned /off you on upwork?"

He is simply trying to bully you.

He sounds like a ten-year-old.

Upwork does not have a button like this:

"If you are mad at someone, you click here to pay $2000 to get that person banned."

Upwork has millions of users.

Upwork is not impressed by one client throwing a tantrum.

Upwork follows specific policies and procedures

There is no policy or procedure that lets a client force a freelancer to work for him.

An Upwork represenative already told you this.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this situation. But no matter what, you must be polite and communicate in a professional manner.

re: "He told the dispute agent that he will never use the code delivered by me."

That's fine.

He is not obligated to use the code.

So what?

I ordered a pizza last month.

But when it was delivered, I had a stomach ache.

I decided not to eat the pizza.

I left the pizza on the table.

Now the pizza is old and smells bad.

I want a refund for the pizza.

I mean, look at it! There are flies buzzing around it.

I called the pizza place and told them that I will NEVER eat the pizza that they delivered.

And I told them that I am going to spend thousands of dollars getting the the pizza cook fired.

They hung up on me. I don't know why. I thought I could get my money back using that tactic, but it didn't work.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Zia U wrote:

The mediator can only encourage you and your client to try to come to an agreement; they cannot take sides or stop your client from asking for a full refund. If you can't come to an agreement, both you and your client will have to pay $291 for arbitration. If you're sure that you're in the right and you delivered everything that was promised, then perhaps your client will back down instead of risking his money.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members