🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client forcing me to get work not as describe...
Page options
chandralekha97
Community Member

Client forcing me to get work not as described in the contract else he is telling he wont pay

Hello. I am really disappointed to work with some clients like this. 

The job description was looking for graphic designers to design email signatures and had no skills required for HTML coding for these signatures. Usually some people need them and some dont need them.

I told the client that it will be charged extra for HTML coding for 6 signatures and I quoted the price. He said he is ready to pay for it. His messages are so clear on it. After doing the contract designing the signatures , he is telling me to stick to the original contract and says he wont payme if I dont get the other things done within this price. He is telling me that I am charging extra at the end and holding a gun point to his head asking for extra money. I sent him screen shots of his own messages and still he is like do it. After working for so long on this spending time, I decided to give him a refund even for the work I did since I couldnt hear more words like this from him.

Can freelancers be saved from this?  How to not get into these? It is upsetting

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jr-translation
Community Member

Chandralekha M wrote:

The job description was looking for graphic designers to design email signatures and had no skills required for HTML coding for these signatures. Usually some people need them and some dont need them.

I told the client that it will be charged extra for HTML coding for 6 signatures and I quoted the price. He said he is ready to pay for it. His messages are so clear on it. After doing the contract designing the signatures , he is telling me to stick to the original contract and says he wont payme if I dont get the other things done within this price. He is telling me that I am charging extra at the end and holding a gun point to his head asking for extra money. I sent him screen shots of his own messages and still he is like do it. After working for so long on this spending time, I decided to give him a refund even for the work I did since I couldnt hear more words like this from him.

Do the work you agreed to do under this milestone, the use the submit button and request payment. If he refuses to pay, dispute. Do not bother to ask the client for a better freeback than he will give you. Asking a client to give a better rating than the inicial on is unprofessional.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jr-translation
Community Member

Chandralekha M wrote:

Do the work you agreed to do under this milestone, the use the submit button and request payment. If he refuses to pay, dispute. Do not bother to ask the client for a better freeback than he will give you. Asking a client to give a better rating than the inicial on is unprofessional.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members