cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client forget to close the contract and no feedback given , how does it impact in profile ?

ankur0007
Ankur V Member Since: Sep 14, 2017
1 of 13

Hi ,
      Greetings ! My name Ankur Vishwakarma , I started my freelancing career with Upwork from 2015 but full time since Jan 2017 . I have a question that I would like to get your best advises .

Question - I have noticed that most of the clients usually forget to close the contract after the jobs done successfully. Now .. In my profile jobs still showing as open but inactive (no work on this contract anymore) .

So this is I am worried about and If I close the contract , it shows "no feedback given" on 3-4 contracts now . My profile was with 100% job success score earlier but now it is 96% and I think somehow "No feedback given" is the main reason.

If I am trying to contact clients for feedback , they are not replying may be not visiting Upwork anymore . So I am in bottle neck condition now .

Please suggest me your advises .

Regards
Ankur Vishwakarma

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 13

Hi Ankur,

We strongly suggest closing any open inactive contracts if your clients are not responding to your requests, to avoid the negative effect inactive contract can have after a certain time frame. Communicating with your clients regularly and asking them to close the contract when submitting final work will help avoid these outcomes.

ankur0007
3 of 13

Hi Vladimir
                     Thanks for your valuable response ! , I will keep in mind for my future contracts but is there any option to remove those "no feedback given" contracts from my profile ?

Also Is it the main reason of decreasing job success score in my profile ? because I have not get any negative feedback yet by my clients 

Regards
Ankur Vishwakarma

vladag
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 13

Hi Ankur,

Unfortunately, we can't share any specific information regarding your Job Success Score. You can close those contracts and if Top Rated, remove one of them from your Job Success Score calculation. Note that only a pattern of contracts without feedback can affect your score negatively, which is a different process from having open inactive contracts on your profile.

View solution in original post

ankur0007
5 of 13

Hi Vladimir , 
                     Thank you very much for your quick response ! I got it now and will keep notify my clients in future to give me feedback after the job is done .

Regards
Ankur Vishwakarma

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
6 of 13

@Ankur V wrote:

Hi Vladimir , 
                     Thank you very much for your quick response ! I got it now and will keep notify my clients in future to give me feedback after the job is done .

Regards
Ankur Vishwakarma

There is no need to as clients for feedback. In fact, I'll go as far as saying Don't ask them at all. What you can ask is that they close the contract if there is no more work. You can also remind them that should they have more work in the future, they can easily rehire you. And once you as that they close the contract, do NOT bother them again.

When a client closes a contract they are presented with the section where feedback is given. IMO asking for feedback is unprofessional especially when they can leave feedback when they close a contract. In fact, repeatedly asking for feedback can annoy a client so much that they will leave bad feedback for thaqt reason alone.

If a client doesn't respnd to a reminder to close a contract then you can close it yourself. If you have a few jobs in that situation, don't close all of them at once. Close one and then wait until you have a few completed jobs with feedback then close another one that is still open etc.

ankur0007
7 of 13

Hi Kathy, 

Thank you ! That helps alot Smiley Happy

Regards

Ankur Vishwakarma

c7e933e3
Chris F Member Since: Nov 1, 2017
8 of 13

Hi, I'm a client.  I closed two finished "jobs".  I appointed 5 stars for each, but did not provide any feedback.  I do not wish for this to have a negative impact on the freelancer.  How can I offer feedback on these closed Jobs?  Is that possible.  If not is there any other way to undo any negative effect that lack of feedback appears to have on the freelancer's profile in Upwork?  Please advise. 

zoomconcepts
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
9 of 13

Chris, if you've given good public and private star rating, the lack of written comment won't affect the freelancer negatively. However, a sentence or two added to the public feedback always looks better and helps the freelancer with future bids, so if you want to add a good word, you can ask your freelancer to allow you to change feedback - it's an option we have for closed contracts. 

tlbp
Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
10 of 13

If you provided the rating on a scale of 1 to 10 and selected stars in each category, you've provided the measurable feedback. The comment section assists the freelancer by telling future clients about your experience but does not count toward the freelancer's score. If you do wish to add a comment, you may ask the freelancer to authorize you to modify your feedback. Your freelancer would need to select the job from his or her completed contracts list. 

[59a50d66ac676c30e3464feb8b1f12a0]_Image%202017-11-01%20at%208.48.23%20AM.png

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS