Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client forgot to upload a new file to work on

shincasti
Shiena Rose C Member Since: Oct 21, 2017
1 of 3

Hi everyone!

I am on the 3rd milestone with a client. It's already funded but he forgot to upload the file I need to work on. I messaged him twice already but he hasn't been online since he activated the third milestone (which was 2 days ago).

Is there any way for Upwork to contact the client for me? I'm just worried because I don't want to cram just to make it  to the deadline.

Thanks.

shincasti
Shiena Rose C Member Since: Oct 21, 2017
2 of 3

Hi, I have already contacted Upwork about this. They sent him an email already. I knew he forgot to upload a new file. My client didn't need to upload a new one on the last milestone. He must have overlooked it now. I'm supposed to work on the project for two weeks. I was just worried that he might not be checking on me until then (which I think is the case now).

That's why I asked Upwork to remind him for me. I just want to exhaust all means. But i would NEVER contact my client via social media. LOL. That would really really be inappropriate.

pandoraharper
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
3 of 3

@Shiena Rose C wrote:

Hi, I have already contacted Upwork about this. They sent him an email already. I knew he forgot to upload a new file. My client didn't need to upload a new one on the last milestone. He must have overlooked it now. I'm supposed to work on the project for two weeks. I was just worried that he might not be checking on me until then (which I think is the case now).

That's why I asked Upwork to remind him for me. I just want to exhaust all means. But i would NEVER contact my client via social media. LOL. That would really really be inappropriate.

Glad things worked for you, Shiena. In the future, you probably do not need to (and should not) involve Upwork. As it's already been stated in this thread, sometimes clients get busy for a few days.

It would hardly be your fault that you could not complete a project because the client forgot to provide materials.

And just so you know, clients DO get notified when they receive new Upwork messages. They just might be too busy to get back to you right away.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS