🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client found me outside of platform
Page options
dmytro-strukov
Community Member

Client found me outside of platform

Hello! I want to clarify the next situation: I sent a proposal, the client found me somehow and sent me an invitation to Slack and wrote to me about to do the first task, installation of the project. It happened outside of UpWork, what should I do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dmytro S wrote:

Do I need to report this client? As I understand it's a violation of the rule on UpWork

You are allowed to work with clients on Upwork and outside. You are not allowed to take clients off Upwork for two years from the date you first identify or meet your Client or Freelancer on the Site, unles...

So, if you made the first contact with a client outside Upwork, you can work on Upwork or outside. This is totally up to you and the client.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Dmytro S wrote:

Hello! I want to clarify the next situation: I sent a proposal, the client found me somehow and sent me an invitation to Slack and wrote to me about to do the first task, installation of the project. It happened outside of UpWork, what should I do?

Ask the client to hire you on Upwork

Do I need to report this client? As I understand it's a violation of the rule on UpWork

Dmytro S wrote:

Do I need to report this client?

Not if you want to work with the client (on Upwork obviously)

Dmytro S wrote:

You are allowed to work with clients on Upwork and outside. You are not allowed to take clients off Upwork for two years from the date you first identify or meet your Client or Freelancer on the Site, unles...

So, if you made the first contact with a client outside Upwork, you can work on Upwork or outside. This is totally up to you and the client.

Jennifer R wrote:

He didn't.

He applied to the client's job. That was the first contact.

Petra R wrote:

Jennifer R wrote:

He didn't.

He applied to the client's job. That was the first contact.

I missed that.

tlbp
Community Member

Don't let Upwork find out. Oops, too late. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members