🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client gave me their company email before con...
Page options
592b5514
Community Member

Client gave me their company email before contract has been initiated

A client wanted me to do some work for them and wants to know if i am fit for the job but they did not send any context, i asked the client to give me details on the project and what they hope to get from working with me.

The client then sent me a link of their website, i told the client i cant get any contact information before a contract has started and that it is against upworks terms of service to do so. 

Did i handle this situation on upwork well, i dont want anything to happen to my account because i work very hard on upwork and have respect for the platform.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi Lashon, 

Yes, you are correct. Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. 

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Lashon, 

Yes, you are correct. Sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork. 

I also encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
592b5514
Community Member

Ok thankyou Nikolas

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members