barronrandall

Client gave raise, now job appears as no feedback

Client bumped up my rate, which was nice, I saw a little bump in my JSS score, also nice. Now the job with the old rate shows on my feed as having no feedback, the job with the new higher rate appears as a job in progress. Then I noticed my score had dropped, there's been no other changes, no closed contracts in the interim....I guess it could be anything. Was it the no feedback?

Can this be possible? Please no speeches about the many things that change a JSS score, I know that....can the job showing with no feedback be fixed?

17 REPLIES 17
petra_r

@Randall B wrote:

Client bumped up my rate, which was nice, I saw a little bump in my JSS score, also nice. Now the job with the old rate shows on my feed as having no feedback,

The contracts will be merged in due course, contracts with no feedback but money paid on them don't affect your JSS negatively anyway, only those with nothing paid on them do unless you have a significant percentage of no feedback contracts.

It's been about 3 weeks, how long does it usually take?

When merged, would any negative effects from a no feedback job, assuming there are sufficient prior no feedback jobs to cause a negative effect on score, also be undone?

@Randall B wrote:

It's been about 3 weeks, how long does it usually take?

When merged, would any negative effects from a no feedback job, assuming there are sufficient prior no feedback jobs to cause a negative effect on score, also be undone?

Not sure how long it takes, one of mine took ages. But I am pretty certain that contract has no negative effecton your JSS at all.

aocumen

Hi Randall, 

You may also refer to this Announcement post for more information about this. 

UPDATE: Randall, I checked this further with the Customer Support Team and they confirmed that there is a bug that is causing a delay to "merge" the contracts on your Work History. I've asked them to contact you directly for more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I asked my client if he wouldn't mind leaving feedback for that even tho the contract isn't over. He tried and said it doesn't show up in his contracts list as ended. Is this a glitch? Please help. 

Thanks in advance.

A. Anderson

Hi Arthur,  This thing happens to me and I am dropped off TopRated and down to 88% I wonder if they can fix this.

That is too bad. I already have 2 or 3 clients that were new to the system and they just didn't leave feedback. I don't want this to affect the upcoming JSS update.

Hi Arthur, 

The client can give feedback once the Job is completed. Please read this article and guide your client on how to give feedback

Thank you.

Edit: Hi Arthur, please refer to Petra's response. Thank you.

Untitled

Hi Ryan C,  I've asked that same thing to my client -- there is just no option to leave feedback on a "rate increased contract"  It is displayed on my profile as ended contract and "No feedback" as if it is a failed contract. 

Thank you for sharing that article. Ryan C. Unfortunately when my client followed those steps there is no option to leave feedback. Under "all contracts" it does not show as an ended contract. Nor does it show as an ended contract for me either.

@Ryan C wrote:

The client can give feedback once the Job is completed. Please read this article and guide your client on how to give feedback.

Ryan, that isn't the issue. 

Arthur believes (as he clearly stated) that the fact that the client gave him a raise (!) created a "No Feedback contract" and that this might affect his JSS.

Arthur, money was paid on that contract, it will NOT affect your JSS negatively and it'll get merged with the new contract at the new rate. (There will simply be one  ongoing contract at the new rate showing on your profile, not two) It will not hurt your JSS and there is nothing to worry about.

Petra! Thank you! Wow well, I still see it as 2 jobs now but hopefully, you are right and it merges.  Also, I must say, your profile video is genial!

Thanks again!

A. Anderson

@Arthur A wrote:

Petra! Thank you! Wow well, I still see it as 2 jobs now but hopefully, you are right and it merges.

It will eventually and isn't hurting you anyway.

As long as money was previously paid on a contract it isn't going to hurt your JSS anyway.

It's contracts that close  (or stay open for a long time) without feedback AND without earnings  that hurt.

This is what appeared in my profile today ~

two1.png

@Melba K wrote:

This is what appeared in my profile today ~

two1.png

It'll merge eventually, and it isn't hurting your JSS.

Thank you Petra. Hopefully it merge soon^ Smiley Happy

Hi Arthur, and Melba, 

There is a known bug that is causing the contracts not to merge into one contract in your Work Histories. A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out with more information. 

~ Avery
Upwork