🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client gets the work done but never pay
Page options
belonmatt
Community Member

Client gets the work done but never pay

Hi, one client asked for help to understand why he has problems with google index, i send 1 link with information + 3 ways of fix the problem, and he never answer me again, no hire no pay 

5 REPLIES 5
LuiggiR

Hi Matias,

I checked and could not see a contract for the client you are referring to. Please note that a contract should be in place before you start working on it, otherwise, payment for such work is not guaranteed. You may want to check here and here for more information on payment protection.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Matias: You made a mistake. Next time, don't work for free. That is not the purpose of Upwork.

You can't never know what "those types of client want" they first come with a "little help" they mix subjects, change topic, then in the end when they're close to as they get they dissapear.

So fancy to say that statement 😕
kinector
Community Member

Gabriel, I don't share your experience. Quite the opposite.

You always know these things if you're actually doing business in the global forums and at the same time you know at least something about how the business domain of the client works. You know your place in the value chain.

Perfect match: Go for it!

Only 99% match: Why risk it?
kinector
Community Member

Matias, if you provide something worth money to your client, you should probably make sure you have a contract. Otherwise you will probably not get your share of the money they make.

If it is some really tiny thing to do, I agree it might be OK to just give a free tip as a display of good will and support but only if you're pretty sure the client will come back to you for more soon enough. To know that, you must have checked the client's background and how they make money.

All the free tips you give are exactly that to the client, free tips. They'll be happy to get them. It's up to your business skills to make it work out for your own business.

Valuable things are not exchanged for free.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths