🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client give bad review intentionally
Page options
awaispk13
Community Member

Client give bad review intentionally

I have worked for a client hourly; I spent almost 105 hours. I was in contact with him all the time, and he said that my work was good, but when I was near finishing his work, he first demanded a refund, but I did not give him a refund. But he gives me intentionally a terrible review of 2 stars. So my question is this what is my fault in all this. I am new on UPWORK, but with a single click, he destroyed my carrier. Now I am not getting work, so what should I do now? Please help

And how can I grow my UPWORK account again?

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

In future, make sure you check a client's history carefully. 

Had you taken a proper look you would hjave seen all the warning signs that this was a difficult client and hopefully wouldn't have taken the contract.
Nothing you can do other than learn from it.

My question is that how can i grow my account now? is there any tip

Awais Z wrote:

My question is that how can i grow my account now? is there any tip

By only taking contracts from clients who don't have such a poor history. Many clients won't look at your profile if your proposal is very good. You could also respond to the feedback, but if you do so, be brief, polite and factual. 

I might be tempted to write something like: "Unfortunately I missed the warning signs in this clients history and was blindsided by the way they treated me after over 100 hours of work the client liked"

Keep applying and make sure future contracts go well, eventually this will fall off the first page and most clients never look any further.

awaispk13
Community Member

Is there any option that I can conquer that feedback?

Awais Z wrote:

Is there any option that I can conquer that feedback?

What do you mean by "conquer"? Remove it?

If you refund all the money paid, it will vanish, but the impact on your (future) Job Success Score will remain.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members