Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client has Lied in Feedback

thealexfitton
Alex F Member Since: Jul 30, 2017
1 of 10

Hi everyone 

I wondered if someone may be able to help or point me in the right direction. 

A client has posted feedback to my profile and has outright lied. I responded to the feedback, then issued a refund. 

I was led to believe that issuing the refund (the full amount he has paid me on the milestone/contract) would remove the feedback from my profile. 

The number of jobs I have completed is showing as 6 on my profile (was 7 so I know this has been accounted for), but the feedback remains. 

Could someone please tell me how this feedback is removed. 

I have absolute and concrete evidence which shows he lied too! 

Thanks;

Alex

dijatul
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
2 of 10

Hello Alex, 

I know its really bad  thing happen to you . 

If you are a honest worker, If you have all proof, that you worked, Take all files, and proof and contact To Customer support . 

They will help you . 

Please dont panic, just calm , and fight . 

wish you all the best 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 10

**edited for Community Guidelines**

OP, you need to be patient. Wait 24 hours.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
4 of 10

Alex, I can only assume you refunded a small amount, but a refund should be the last resort. In your situation, I would have contacted support with documentation of lying, and perhaps they could have deleted or edited the comments, but it's academic now.

Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
5 of 10

@Jennifer M wrote:

**edited for Community Guidelines**

OP, you need to be patient. Wait 24 hours.

lol ... spot on

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
6 of 10

Alex, in case this comes up again, you should also be aware that while refunding removes the feedback from your profile, the private feedback left by that client will still factor into your JSS, so refunding doesn't necessarily provide the benefit that some freelancers expect.

Clients lie sometimes, or get vengeful, or just have a very different perception of what happened than you do. It's frustrating, but it's part of running your own business and there's no escaping it. If you want to freelance on a regulat basis, you have to be prepared for that and not let it knock you off balance.

mickenpa
Ace Contributor
Michele P Member Since: Mar 2, 2016
7 of 10

To add to Tiffany S' list 

• Sometimes clients expect the moon and stars but explain the desk and the stapler.
  • Sometimes clients request a Pepsi but when you bring it to them they said they actually meant Coke.
  • Clients are funny, and often they just want to cut their bottom line by taking advantage of us people of freedom from commutes.
  • Which brings us to, sometimes clients budget too little when they begin.
  • Other times they got bad workmanship and bad feedback is deserved.

If it makes you feel any better, another site I'm on has the same type of issues

Question, did the client browbeat you into a refund or did you freely offer a full refund?

sourceprouk
Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
8 of 10

I have said many times that the rules on bad feed-back are unfair on the freelancer because you may well leave bad feed-back for the client too and it will affect him little. He can just go elsewhere to post his jobs (Freelancer, People per hour, etc) and hungry frelancers will inundate his job posting with bids in Upwork anyhow.

For the freelancer, one (lying) bad review can knock him down from being a top rated designer and this can be on a cheap job which makes it all the worse.

I had a situation like yours. I showed Upwork a message from a bad client admitting that the job going wrong was entirely his fault and yet he went and left bad feed-back and a low rating for me which, together with the job being finished soon, brought me down from being a top rated designer.

Upwork, instead of just removing the low rating and bad feed-back from this lying client, forced me to lose a life in my number of jobs where I can ask for the feed-back to be removed instead of just deleting the feed-back from this liar.

It seems to me that 'clients', no matter how bad have a higher status in Upwork than freelancers when it is us who pay the high Upwork fees, not the 'clients'.

sourceprouk
Community Guru
Federico D Member Since: Sep 21, 2015
9 of 10

Just look at the way bad clients can hold freelancers to ransom, expoit them and mess them about here. You returned his money (which perhaps you actally earned) because you were scared he would give you bad feed-back and his bad feed-back is still affecting you. Pathetic.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 10

whoever has the money has the power

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS