cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client has become completely unresponsive

aqsasajjad
Aqsa S Member Since: Sep 11, 2017
1 of 9

Ever since I submitted my work, the client became completely unresponsive. Upwork is saying I will be required to give a refund if the client continues to be unresponsive for a couple more days. I don't know what to do since i submitted the work that she had asked for (a little late but i informed her beforehand that I am travelling and will be working slow and she did not seem to have a problem with that and told me she is flexible with the deadline). Any suggestions?

jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
2 of 9

@Aqsa S wrote:

Ever since I submitted my work, the client became completely unresponsive. Upwork is saying I will be required to give a refund if the client continues to be unresponsive for a couple more days. I don't know what to do since i submitted the work that she had asked for (a little late but i informed her beforehand that I am travelling and will be working slow and she did not seem to have a problem with that and told me she is flexible with the deadline). Any suggestions?

Have you used the submit work button? If so, you will be paid automatically after a a couple of days.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 9

Do what you should have done when you first finished the work:

Go to the actual contract, and click on "Submit work and request payment" 

Unless the client requests changes, younger paid automatically after 14 days.

reinierb
Community Guru
Reinier B Member Since: Nov 3, 2015
4 of 9

I'm just wondering why CS would tell the OP she would have to issue a refund if the client remained unresponsive. We have seen CS dish out incorrect advice/infomation before, but this is just ridiculous.

jmeyn
Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
5 of 9

Reinier,

I believe we don't enough about the question asked etc. 

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
6 of 9

@Reinier B wrote:

I'm just wondering why CS would tell the OP she would have to issue a refund if the client remained unresponsive. We have seen CS dish out incorrect advice/infomation before, but this is just ridiculous.

I am fairly certain the OP misunderstood the standard message which told her that the contract is nearing 90 days of the funds being held in Escrow and that if there is no action it will trigger a return of the Escrow funds

aqsasajjad
Aqsa S Member Since: Sep 11, 2017
7 of 9

boshoffirene
Community Guru
Irene B Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
8 of 9

did you hit the submit work button? If not, and you have done the work, hit it NOW. WHY would they say you would have to refund if the work is done and submitted? This is utter nonsense.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Aqsa,

Are you referring to the contract that currently has "Submit Work/Request $" button next to it? In that case, you can use that button to submit work and get paid in 14 days even if the client remains unresponsive. The rest of your contracts don't have active funded milestones at the moment, so please don't submit work on them until the client funds new milestones.

@Aqsa S wrote:

Upwork is saying I will be required to give a refund if the client continues to be unresponsive for a couple more days.

Could you please clarify where this information was given? I don't see a ticket or chat about this.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS