Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client has cleared only one 1 milestone and he is requesting to submit the work

bizmgtserv
mudassar y Member Since: May 29, 2017
1 of 5

Dear community,
I hope that you guys are doing well.

I am experiecing a situation where I need your guidance. I was hired for creating an explainer video. Total cost of the project is $1500. Client created the first milestone. I completed the whole video and put the water mark so that when client paid all the money in 3 milestones, I can then send him the video without water mark. He has only created and approved 1 milestone.

He still needs to add 2 milestones of $500 each. Now he is requesting for the video without water mark. Kindly guide me what should be done in this situation.
Regards,
Mudassar

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 5

@mudassar y wrote:

He still needs to add 2 milestones of $500 each. Now he is requesting for the video without water mark. Kindly guide me what should be done in this situation.
Regards,

Ask the client to fund the remaining two milestones. The client will have to release the first milestone to do so.

I am not sure why you completed all the work when only a third was funded, however.

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
3 of 5

Hi Mudassar,

Keep in mind that our Fixed-Price Protection for Freelancers does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds. I can advise you to submit your work only for the funded milestone and the agreed work that needs to be delivered on the same milestone.
If you have any additional questions feel free to post them here, thank you!

Untitled
rverang
Community Guru
Renante V Member Since: Feb 7, 2018
4 of 5

Request for the rest of the milestones to be created and funded before you send the unwatermarked video.

kat303
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
5 of 5

Mudassar - Do NOT send an un-watermarked video to this client. Let  him know that in order to do that, he has to release the funds in escrow and then create another milestone for the FULL remaining payment.

In the future, don't do work beyond the requirements of a funded job/milestone if those funds are not released and the remaining milestones are not funded.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS