🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client has hurt my profile
Page options
ibrahim1990100
Community Member

Client has hurt my profile

Client has hurt my profile. He has received his work Perfectly, he was very happy and surprised for the quality he received. Finally he decided to effect my portfolio without reason. I have a lot of message from him that he is really happy, satisfied and enjoying working with me.Why upwork don't help us in this case ? Why upwork accept their feedback ?? I just wondering if they open dispute sector for these problems.What are your suggestions for me ? I'm really frustrated

4 REPLIES 4
versailles
Community Member

Ibrahim A wrote:

Why upwork accept their feedback ?? I just wondering if they open dispute sector for these problems.What are your suggestions for me ? I'm really frustrated

Is there a reason Upwork should be involved in any way? Upwork is not the judge of the quality of the work delivered.

You're Top Rated so you can remove one feedback every 10 jobs and 3 months. It's way better than making things worse by responding to the feedback the way you did.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
kat303
Community Member

Do you think that when a client looks at your profile and sees 29 jobs completed with 5 stars and great feedback, that they are going to base their decision on hiring you on just that 1 job?  Also remember that the way you respond to a negative review will hurt you more then the review itself. 

You are top rated and have a perk which enables you to remove both the public and private feedback, as long as you haven't used it already. 3 months and/or 10 jobs must go by before you can use it again.

If a client is satisfied and happy with your work and then out of the blue issues that feedback, there's probably more to this post. Did the client threaten you will negative feedback if you didn't refund what was paid to you, or because scope creep happened and you told them it would cost extra and they didn't like that?

Work on getting more good clients and jobs and that negative review will eventually roll off your screen. 

tlsanders
Community Member

Upwork can't assess the accuracy of client feedback. If you're top rated, use the perk. If not...it will pass. It's one rating.

Honestly, you probably hurt your own profile more than the client did by making that big response that makes this rating stand out more than any of the others.

abinadab-agbo
Community Member

Generally, Upwork can only remove feedback (different from Top Rated Feedback Removal Perk) if the feedback violates the TOS clearly, undeniably, and grossly.

Specifically, if the client is

"expressing views unrelated to the work, such as political, religious, or social commentary, in the feedback system".

Or for example, let's say, an overtly racist feedback.

In your case, therefore, Upwork is not obliged to remove the feedback unless you are using your perk.

If you look back ten years from now after you never made headway on Upwork, you should know that one terrible review is not the reason you didn't make it on Upwork. It was YOU.

As a rule of thumb, in these freelancer circles, know that no matter how good you are, it is overwhelmingly likely that you'll get at least one terrible review someday. If for nothing else, you'll find a client who'll leave you a negative review because you are too good at what you do. Swallow that. And move on.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members