🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » 2000+ invites for a WordPress developer
Page options
joduxbury
Community Member

Client has issued 3,189 invitations to a job - *Edited*

I was invited to a job to which the client has invited over 3,000 other Upworkers.

How is this possible? I thought Upwork's new packages were supposed to prevent spam on both the client and freelancer sides? 

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 10.31.26.png

11 REPLIES 11
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jo,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with the job posting URL so that I can investigate it further? Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Goran, you've got mail...

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jo D wrote:

I was invited to a job to which the client has invited over 3,000 other Upworkers.

How is this possible? I thought Upwork's new packages were supposed to prevent spam on both the client and freelancer sides? 

Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 10.31.26.png

He seems to be looking for more than 1 freelancer - what kind of a job is this?

It's a writing job (articles). 

How is this allowed?

How is it humanly possible to screen so many applications

Is there a value put on freelancers time? There are over 1000 freelancers who have replied to this invite thinking this is a genuine job.

Screenshot_2019-11-18 Wordpress Developer who works FAST (NOW) - Web, Mobile Software Dev.png

Hi Arul,

Thanks for sharing this information in the Community. Could you please click on my name and share the job post link in a private message, so I could take a look? Thanks!

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

I have sent you the link.

tomzilla1
Community Member

Lol, doesn't surprise me anymore. Saw something similar the other day. What's going on at Upwork corporate office these days?

iaabraham
Community Member

I've also come across so many instances of this -- except not as high as in the thousands. It's obvious that most of the money-charging changes Upwork made under the guise of improving the platform have not worked ... maybe they somehow made things even worse.

Definitely worse from my experience recently. I hope the exec team at Upwork really gets this turned around.

It's still happening... 

Screenshot 2019-12-16 at 21.51.59.png

Added bonus on this one was the client asking for free work as part of the 'To Apply' process *eyeroll*

@goran any updated please? 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths