🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client has multiple people on same projec...
Page options
nadine_66
Community Member

Client has multiple people on same project

Hello All,

I don’t frequently work on many projects that come through Upwork and am fairly new to the platform. I have a client who had sent me an invite to interview but never really set up an interview - video, told me what the project is but no clear directions. The client has hired multiple people to work on the same project as well. Should I withdraw my active proposal as the client doesn’t give clear directions on what has to be done and has multiple candidates working on the same project?
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Nadine S wrote:

I don’t frequently work on many projects that come through Upwork and am fairly new to the platform. I have a client who had sent me an invite to interview but never really set up an interview - video, told me what the project is but no clear directions. The client has hired multiple people to work on the same project as well. Should I withdraw my active proposal as the client doesn’t give clear directions on what has to be done and has multiple candidates working on the same project?

If you are not hired and have a contract, you should not work on anything at all. 

robin_hyman
Community Member

Clients can hire multiple freelancers to work on the same project. It happens frequently and for a number of reasons. Perhaps the first person wasn't a good fit. Maybe someone accepted and then disappeared. Or, the client wants to see who submits the best work and is willing to pay more to get the job done. 

Some job posts mention "3 freelancers needed" and others do not yet the client hires multiple freelancers to perform the task. 

Before proceeding with this client, ask the questions you need to get started upfront before accepting any contract (and definitely don't begin working without a contract). If the client cannot communicate what she wants, it is a sign she will not be able to communicate what she doesn't like. Serious red flag and move on. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members