cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client has not activated the last milestone

sumanthjois
Sumanth J Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
1 of 4

I am currently working on a project which has 5 milestones,  4 of them are released. The 5TH milestone basically to review the complete and request any changes if needed but my client seems to be very busy and. he doesn't have time activate the final milestone. The project was supposed to end on Feb 22nd and Today it is March 9. He still hasn't activated the milestone and he still says he is busy.

Can someone please tell what I can do? Will this affect my profile in any way?

bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
2 of 4

Don't work.

holymell
Community Guru
Melissa C Member Since: Jul 22, 2017
3 of 4
Ask him to end the contract if everything is finished. Then after a week if he doesn't end it, tell him you'll wait a few more days to hear back from him and if he doesn't reply, you'll end it yourself.

It could impact your profile, but so do idle contracts. Supposedly as long as you don't have a lot of no feedback contracts, it shouldn't impact your profile too much. But be sure to leave professional, yet truthful feedback for the client.

Don't do work without a funded milestone. You probably won't be paid for it.
aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
4 of 4

Hi Sumanth, 

I would recommend that you do not start working on the 5th milestone until the client comes back to activate it. It will only hurt your profile's Job Success Score if you have a pattern of inactive contracts. Since you are yet to receive a Job Success Score, I would suggest that you continue bidding for other jobs within your job and skills category to build on your profile.

~ Avery
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS