🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client has removed Job posted
Page options
9de79962
Community Member

Client has removed Job posted

Hi, i'm new on upwork, i need help. A client posted a job i made bid for the job and client send me email to join telegram for further project details and project files after some time job has been removed by the client on upwork. tell me this is safe or not i stop working immediately or proceed on telegram.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. and a client suggesting to do so is a typical red flag for possible scams. You may open yourself up to fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LuiggiR

Hi Muhammad,

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract starts is a violation of the Terms of Service. and a client suggesting to do so is a typical red flag for possible scams. You may open yourself up to fraud, and lose Upwork Payment Protection.

A real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. Whenever you encounter these situations, please report them using the available flagging options so the team can investigate further. Please take some time to read through this article for more information on how you can stay safe on Upwork.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
9de79962
Community Member

Hi, I'm thankful for your past advise. I am New on upwork. Today i am facing another problem client accepted my proposal and through email he told me lets communicate through telegram, i did it and also requested client to stay on upwork and use upwork messaging. Cllient didn't give any project Size or files he is using fixed price method and i have quoted fixed price for the project. Please help and guide me i am confused as conversation between me and my client is not reflecting on upwork didn't know about the project size and numbers of files and my working for the client because i am working and taking project from telegram. In future if client remove job post then what will i do because i have worked two or three days on client's project at that time how i will protect myself. how i can prove my work on upwork  and conversation between me and my client. What should i do? should i refused to work on telegram or use any other stategies.

10b9b790
Community Member

It's essential to exercise caution when communicating with clients outside of the Upwork platform, especially if the job posting has been removed from Upwork. While some clients may prefer to communicate via external channels like Telegram for project details, it's crucial to ensure that you're following Upwork's Terms of Service and policies to protect yourself from potential scams or violations.

Here are some steps you can take to ensure your safety and protect your interests:

1. **Edited for Community Guidelines**

2. Use Upwork Messaging:**Edited for Community Guidelines**, keep communication within Upwork's messaging system. Upwork provides tools and protections to facilitate safe and secure communication between freelancers and clients. If a client insists on using external channels, proceed with caution and ensure that the conversation remains professional and within Upwork's guidelines.

Before refering to Upwork's Terms of Service, it is important to know about them.

Your information can be misleading for new freelancers who did not read the rules as they should.

Communicating outside of Upwork before a contract is in place is a violation of those Terms of Service.

It has nothing to do with the client's identitity or legitimacy, and keeping communication on Upwork is not whenever possible or if the client insists. The rules goes for everyone.

Hi, I'm thankful for your past advise. I am New on upwork. Today i am facing another problem client accepted my proposal and through email he told me lets communicate through telegram, i did it and also requested client to stay on upwork and use upwork messaging. Cllient didn't give any project Size or files he is using fixed price method and i have quoted fixed price for the project. Please help and guide me i am confused as conversation between me and my client is not reflecting on upwork didn't know about the project size and numbers of files and my working for the client because i am working and taking project from telegram. In future if client remove job post then what will i do because i have worked two or three days on client's project at that time how i will protect myself. how i can prove my work on upwork  and conversation between me and my client. What should i do? should i refused to work on telegram or use any other stategies.

9de79962
Community Member

Hi, I'm thankful for your past advise. I am New on upwork. Today i am facing another problem client accepted my proposal and through email he told me lets communicate through telegram, i did it and also requested client to stay on upwork and use upwork messaging. Cllient didn't give any project Size or files he is using fixed price method and i have quoted fixed price for the project. Please help and guide me i am confused as conversation between me and my client is not reflecting on upwork didn't know about the project size and numbers of files and my working for the client because i am working and taking project from telegram. how i can prove on upwork in future about my work and conversation between me and my client. What should i do? should i refused to work on telegram or use any other stategies.

694190b6
Community Member

Dear;please contact with the upwork and with email.it's best and secured to contact with your client. Because telegram messaging and agreement is not responsible to upwork users. I hope good chance to you.🙏

Thank you.

9de79962
Community Member

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members