🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client has struggled to pay me, shows she...
Page options
adamkolson
Community Member

Client has struggled to pay me, shows she owes $0

I've sent her a few articles, but it always says she owes $0. It's a fixed price job. Is there any way to connect her with UpWork for support on this?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Adam O wrote:

I've sent her a few articles, but it always says she owes $0. It's a fixed price job. Is there any way to connect her with UpWork for support on this?

No need for Support and they can't do anything anyway. If you have a contract and used it correctly you get paid automatically.

Take a look at your My Jobs page. Is the contract there?
Then take a look at your My Reports page. See the money?

"Where is my money?""Where is my money?"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Adam.

I checked your account and unfortunately can confirm that the client did not send you an offer just yet. In the future, please do not work on any project until a client has sent you an offer, you have accepted it, it's showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract.

You may find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork, which you can also recommend to your Clent in order to find valuable resources on how to hire you for their project.

I'll follow up with our team regarding this case and one of our agents will reach out to your Client directly. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Adam:

There is good news for you:

If you wrote articles, but were not paid for them, then the articles belong to you.

You may post them in your portfolio, or sell them, or do whatever you want with them.

wescowley
Community Member

Adam -

If she is truly trying to pay you, she may not understand how the process works either.  Ask her to send you an offer from your profile for the amount you two agreed on using the "Hire Now" button on your profile. You can accept the offer and immediately submit the articles to her on the contract page.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members