🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client has underfunded a milestone and is unr...
Page options
darrenwall74
Community Member

Client has underfunded a milestone and is unresponsive

I have been using Upwork for several years, and for the first time, a client has underfunded a milestone and become unresponsive. I'm not going to quote the figures involved, but, it's the 2nd milestone of the contract and for three articles. Overall it's just above 20% short.

I have reached out asking for the correct amount but got no response. So, I'm wondering, assuming I hear nothing and with a deadline 72-hours away, (Friday,) would you refuse to work, deliver two of the three articles, or something else?

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

If this happened to me then I would do an amount of work appropriate for the amount that was funded, and then I would submit that work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button.

If the client never responds, then Upwork will release the appropriate payment to me automatically.

tta192
Community Member

If the deadline is important for your client you could write all three articles within the agreed timeframe but only deliver two of them.

Inform the client you have the third article written and will send it to him once the remaining 20% is paid.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths