🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client hasn't accepted proposal yet but asked...
Page options
b4efde5e
Community Member

Client hasn't accepted proposal yet but asked me for work

Hello, My client asked for work to be done by today but never accepted my proposal. I submitted the work already but noticed that the proposal wasn't accepted. What can I do to dispute this? The client is not responsive.

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Kim L wrote:

My client asked for work to be done by today but never accepted my proposal. I submitted the work already but noticed that the proposal wasn't accepted. What can I do to dispute this?

Nothing. You worked for free.

NEVER work without a contract.

Kim L wrote:

The client is not responsive.

Of course not. They got what they came for. You can flag the job post as "asking for free work" but you will not be paid.

The two most important things for you to do now are:

- learn from your mistake and commit to never making the same mistake again 

- stop trying to get paid for this work; move forward 

a_lipsey
Community Member

You also should remove your email contact from your profile. It's against TOS as I understand to have outside contact information on your profile. 

Thanks, everyone. I have learned my lesson. I also let the customer know that while it may be an unintentional oversight, I have flagged the posting as inappropriate but would be happy to update the Upwork team once she made the adjustment. I did update my profile.

Kimberly L wrote:

Thanks, everyone. I have learned my lesson. I also let the customer know that while it may be an unintentional oversight, I have flagged the posting as inappropriate but would be happy to update the Upwork team once she made the adjustment. I did update my profile.

Kimberly, there are still two things you can do. The first may not work but you can try it:

1) A nice note to the client (if he/she hasn't already disappeared) saying you would be quite happy to accept a bonus payment on a retrospective contract. 

2) And if that doesn't work, a tough note to the client, saying that since you have not been paid for your work, it still 100% belongs to you and that if you see it posted anywhere on the internet, you will ask for a DMCA (a takedown). 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths