🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client hasn't approved milestone since 15...
Page options
nardib
Community Member

Client hasn't approved milestone since 15 days now. What can I do now?

Hi, I have a job ongoing for months now due to waiting client on certain things and I have received the first milestone months ago and submitted another milestone that covers the rest of the funds. Reason why I didn't end the contract is because work was supposed to keep going and since the client had added more work during the contract, we had agreed to him giving me more. 
So I have submitted the 2nd milestone request 15 days ago and I haven't received them automatically, nor the client has approved them. 
What can I do now? I tried to contact support and the only option was to open a thread here. 

3 REPLIES 3

Unfortunately no, the funds are not in "pending"

Nardi:

If you have a fixed-price milestone, and you click the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button...

Then ONLY THREE THINGS can happen:

a) The client releases the money to you manually

b) The client does nothing. All escrow money is released to you AUTOMATICALLY after 14 days.

c) The client clicks the Request Changes button, which STOPS the count-down to automatic payment release, and puts the ball in your court to make changes and submit the work again.

If you clicked that Submit button, and IF THE CLIENT DID NOTHING, then the money will get released to you. That's simply how the system works. WHERE do you see the money when you look here:

Upwork -> Reports -> Overview

...?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nardi, 

I checked and it looks like the client has funded the project in full, but only released a partial amount for the first milestone which is why you are seeing an amount escrowed. I'm sorry to note that the client did not set up the second milestone where you could have submitted your work, and the 14-day review period would have applied. During the 14-day review period, your client will have the opportunity to review your work, and if they don't reply within 14-days, the money in escrow (for that milestone) will automatically be paid to your account. 

Here's a help article for more information on how to get paid on Upwork on a fixed-price contract. Hopefully your client is just busy which is why he is unable to release the remainder of the payment to you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths