🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client hasn't closed job - Cant close myself.
Page options
05d566b1
Community Member

Client hasn't closed job - Cant close myself.

Hey all, 

I completed my first job on Upwork last week. The client  opened the contract using a milestone (It probably should have been as a 'fixed price' contract). I completed the milestone and got paid. However the job is now 'Awaiting Milestone' and is 'In progress' on my profile.

I left a message with the client once the job was complete saying thanks and asking if they could close and  rate me, but no reply. I also don't have the option to close this job, only to 'Propose a new milesetone' or 'propose a new contract'. 

Whats the procedure here... will the job ever get closed or will it just look like ive had one unfinished job on my profile? I appreciate Ive been paid etc but  being a new member anything which is going to help me get my next job matters... im not sure this helps.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Dan,

We certainly understand your concern and we truly appreciate you reaching out here in the Community. Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, make any final payments, and leave feedback. However, you can also end the contract from your end. Please be reminded that all Upwork users have the ability to end a contract at any time, though it is always best if everyone is aware of what's going on and in agreement about it.

Kindly check this help article for more details and procedures on how to End Your Contract.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ArjayM

Hi Dan,

We certainly understand your concern and we truly appreciate you reaching out here in the Community. Typically, freelancers wait for the client to end a contract, make any final payments, and leave feedback. However, you can also end the contract from your end. Please be reminded that all Upwork users have the ability to end a contract at any time, though it is always best if everyone is aware of what's going on and in agreement about it.

Kindly check this help article for more details and procedures on how to End Your Contract.

~ Arjay
Upwork
05d566b1
Community Member

Thanks Arjay

no1prdiva
Community Member

I dont have this option. No 3 dots or any options to end contract or close job.  I have 30 jobs showing as in progress and have never been able to figure out how to close them as I don't want clients thinking I am currently working on all of these. 

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community. We certainly understand your concern and please allow us to assist. Could you please go to All Contracts> Select the contract you wish to end> Hit on the three-dot menu icon here> End Contract. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members