🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client hired me for writing. Got it done from...
Page options
f9ef1642
Community Member

Client hired me for writing. Got it done from someone else. Asking me for feedback.

Hi guys, 

Due apologies if something like this has been answered before. 

A client hired me for writing his website content almost a month ago. He disappeared for a long long time after that. 

Yesterday, he finally made a comeback and I found out that the website content is now written by someone else. And now they want me to revise it. 

That's really not an issue.

What the issue here is, they are not updating the contract on Upwork.

I have asked them to change the milestone, and they have agreed. But no action has been taken so far. 

Now I am confused about what to do. Should I go ahead and do the editing work? But since there are no milestones activated on Upwork, my payment won't be secure. 
Or should I wait until they have updated the contract and then continue with their work?

They have also insisted that "they don't want to delay the project further." So, if I wait too long, I am worried they might leave a negative feedback.

Thanks in advance. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zaib, don't do anything until they have updated the milestone.

If you haven't done so already then drop the client a polite message asking them to do so. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zaib,

Please keep in mind that our fixed price protection does not cover unfunded milestones and promised funds. To learn more about how you're protected under our fixed price protection, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If you haven't done so already then drop the client a polite message asking them to do so. 

Jamie, I really appreciate you taking out the time to reply. 

Yes, that does seem like the most viable solution. I think I should (very politely) inform the client I will not proceed unless they start a milestone. 

Thanks, 
Zaib.

petra_r
Community Member

Zaib U wrote:

Yes, that does seem like the most viable solution. I think I should (very politely) inform the client I will not proceed unless they start a milestone. 

But there is a milestone for the writing, isn't there? 

You can either use that, or end the contract and ask the client to create a new contract with a new funded milestone.

It is NOT possible for the client to fund a milestone on the existing contract without releasing the current milestone.

Jamie F wrote:

An active milestone can't be edited. It would be a bad idea to ask the client to do something they physically can't do. That's a surefire way to frustrate the client.

f9ef1642
Community Member

Thank you very much, Petra, for helping me out. 

Yes, there is a milestone for writing. I think I'll just use that. And ask the client to add new milestones for the additional work exceeding the scope of the pre-funded milestone. 

Thanks again!

Goran, thank you for taking out the time to reply. 
I know unfunded milestones will not be protected. That's why I am confused about how to proceed. 

Thanks again, 
Zaib.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members