cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client ignore my payment

jarry64
Syed Nisar H Member Since: Sep 1, 2016
1 of 24

I did the work completed yesterday and today as my client said he given offer to come skype for project. Then I said first pay this work then I will be trust you to do more work for you. Then he ask me how i said as you wish after that i said 40 dollars then he is said to me your work not good. If my work not good why he is offered to come on skype for more work.Help me i need my work payment

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 24

@Syed Nisar H wrote:

I did the work completed yesterday and today as my client said he given offer to come skype for project. Then I said first pay this work then I will be trust you to do more work for you.

When you go to My Jobs - is there a contract?

Did you submit the work via the "Submit Work / Request Payment" function  on your My Jobs page?

funded 2.jpg

PS - That attachment in your post: Was the job to write that text? If so, if I was the client, I would not want to pay for that either, to be honest...

jarry64
3 of 24

thats not fair reply why he did offer me to come at skype if i done not very well. Work is work it may be small or jeva script.

petra_r
Community Guru
4 of 24

@Syed Nisar H wrote:

thats not fair reply why he did offer me to come at skype if i done not very well. Work is work it may be small or jeva script.

Hello?

Can you answer:

1. When you go to the My Jobs page, is there a contract?
  2. Did you use the Submit Work / Request Payment function? Look at the picture below: 
  • do you see the contract?
  • was the milestone funded?
  • did you click on the big green button "Submit Work / Request Payment?"

funded 2.jpg

The quality of the work is a different matter - first we need to ascertain if you even have a contract and have requested payment correctly.

jarry64
5 of 24

that client denied to pay me after submited my work into inbox tag message option. 

petra_r
Community Guru
6 of 24
  1. When you go to the My Jobs page, is there a contract?
  2. Did you use the Submit Work / Request Payment function? Look at the picture below: 
  • do you see the contract?
  • was the milestone funded?
  • did you click on the big green button "Submit Work / Request Payment?"

funded 2.jpg

jarry64
7 of 24

i never saw that option big green button "Submit Work / Request Payment?"  i just saw Get CSV? he were invited me for interview  inwhich message box i did submitted his work file.

petra_r
Community Guru
8 of 24

@Syed Nisar H wrote:

i never saw that option big green button "Submit Work / Request Payment?"  i just saw Get CSV? he were invited me for interview  inwhich message box i did submitted his work file.

So, in other words:

• You were never hired by the client
  • You have no contract
  • There are no funds
  • The client could not pay you even if he wanted to

Furthermore, please take a close look at the work you submitted. Did you write that?

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 24

Hi Syed Nisar,

I've checked and unfortunately you didn't discuss the job scope, requirements and terms with the client, nor was hired for this job. Please make sure not to start working until you have an active contract under your My Jobs tab on your Upwork account.

Before submitting new proposals, I strongly advise you to read the Help articles from the Getting Started as a Freelancer section and our Freelancer Guide. Please also check our educational videos and best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

Tips to Avoid Questionable Jobs

Untitled

View solution in original post

jarry64
10 of 24

Thanks Sir you are great consultant Petra R made me confuse. Its mean upwork unable to getting my payment from that client. Thanks You Sir put me on right path.Petra R

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS