Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client ignore my payment

jutta_beinker
Community Guru
Jutta B Member Since: Jun 7, 2016
11 of 24

Image result for plaster over mouth

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
g_holstein
Community Leader
Gerald H Member Since: Jun 16, 2016
12 of 24

@Syed Nisar H wrote:

Thanks Sir you are great consultant Petra R made me confuse. Its mean upwork unable to getting my payment from that client. Thanks You Sir put me on right path.@petra_r

Syed, you should thank Petra, too. She tried very hard to help you. You should just have answered the questions! Very easy questions she asked in order to help you!  

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
13 of 24

Gerald H wrote:  You should just have answered the questions! Very easy questions she asked in order to help you!  

He likely took offence to my suggestion that the submitted "work" was word-salad.

g_holstein
Community Leader
14 of 24

@Petra R wrote:

Gerald H wrote:  You should just have answered the questions! Very easy questions she asked in order to help you!  

He likely took offence to my suggestion that the submitted "work" was word-salad.

I didn´t see that. I think, Upwork can be a bit confusing for newbies especially with limited English skills and in the heat of the moment. It´s unbelievable how many newbies get defrauded here. I seriously think, Upwork should make a mandatory course with final test for newbies on the topic of how to not become a victim of fraud. But that´s another topic. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 24

Clients who knowingly ask newbie Upwork freelancers to do work without a contract, so that they can get work done for free, are bad people.

The fact that these newbie contractors do not get paid for this un-contracted work is a good thing. It is a tough lesson, but is a necessary thing.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
16 of 24

There are far too many newbie freelancers who work for free, due to their naivete and unfamiliarity with the Upwork system. Although they do not necessarily have ill intent, they share equal responsibility with the scammer clients for the prevalence of this problem.

g_holstein
Community Leader
17 of 24

That´s all right what you write, Preston, but for my taste I see it much to often. Like 5 cases on a single day here on the forum and how many even go unnoticed? Defrauding newbies has become a profitable MARKET. I think that´s just too much and for my taste Upwork should think about a mandatory test for new members to ensure, they know the basic safety precautions before their profile gets activated. But that´s just my personal opinion. We should not close our eyes to all the fraud and heartache that´s going on right under our eyes and neither should Upwork. 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
18 of 24

No argument from me, Gerald.

I have been actively and vocally calling for mandatory scam/fraud training for newbies for a long time.

Of course there is way too much of this fraudulent behavior from "clients."

I'm aware of the distress and heartache that this causes, and I place half of the blame squarely on the shoulders of the newbie freelancers who participate in this fraudulent activity as marks.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
19 of 24

We don't even know if the OP was scammed.

According to Vladimir's comment earlier there was no clarification from the client, and with the OPs very limited understanding of the English language he may have just submitted that word-salad off his own back, without having been asked for it.

"unfortunately you didn't discuss the job scope, requirements and terms with the client, nor was hired for this job. Please make sure not to start working until you have an active contract under your My Jobs tab on your Upwork account."

At any rate this site requires a modicum of common sense and a minimum of skills to do whatever work is being asked for.

g_holstein
Community Leader
20 of 24

@Petra R wrote:

We don't even know if the OP was scammed.

According to Vladimir's comment earlier there was no clarification from the client, and with the OPs very limited understanding of the English language he may have just submitted that word-salad off his own back, without having been asked for it.

"unfortunately you didn't discuss the job scope, requirements and terms with the client, nor was hired for this job. Please make sure not to start working until you have an active contract under your My Jobs tab on your Upwork account."

At any rate this site requires a modicum of common sense and a minimum of skills to do whatever work is being asked for.

Ok, that´s right, Petra, I jumped to conclusions there. My bad. Apologies to the client if he happens to read here. All kinds of misunderstandings could have happened there. So the discussion about defrauding newbies was indeed a bit off-topic here, but nevertheless it´s good to know that others and Upwork too are aware that this is getting out of hand and measures should be taken. Again sorry for the off-topic. I should mention it in other threads. There would be enough to choose from..  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS