Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client ignore my payment

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
21 of 24

Hi Gerald,

We've heard this suggestion before and our team is looking into different ways to give additional visibility to all the resources (Help articles, guides, videos, blog articles, pop-ups, prominent Community threads, ToS docs etc.) we currently have available on this topic. 

Untitled
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
22 of 24

I appreciate Vladimir's informative post about what Upwork is considering doing.

But increasing the visibility of videos, articles, pop-ups and the like is not what we are asking for.

We are asking for a mandatory demonstration of scam/fraud awareness.

High-quality, highly randomized distinctive tests (not like the outsourced skills tests) through which newbies demonstrate their knowledge of (and also learn more about) frauds and scams.

Limited access to Upwork functionality, such as limited numbers of connects, until newbies demonstrate their scam/fraud awareness.

samuel-wilson
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
23 of 24
I completely agree with Jutta. I think that Upwork wouldn't have to spend so much time dealing with newbies scams which can only mean less money spend on CS. And, possibly, less scammers also.
This widget could not be displayed.
24 of 24

The standards for clients (especially the rates) and for freelancers (without nearly any knowledge of English besides Google translate) are very low. So, it is only a logical consequence that **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Many freelancers do not understand Upwork's TOS at all, because they do not speak English.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS