🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client invite with Unverified payment met...
Page options
0847999b
Community Member

Client invite with Unverified payment method

Hey! Got invites from clients without verified payment method. I want to find if it's considered good practice to suggest to the client that they verify their payment method before we proceed?
Something like, "... appreciated the invite...Upwork recommends verifying your payment method for seamless equitable payment solutions..'
What say?
- faizanusuf
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

See now that's the sort of social proof and affirmation I was looking for.
That's exactly it! That's how I want to proceed but it's better when there's company.
Thanks, 😊
- faizanusuf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
farissbrohii
Community Member

The client cannot hire you if the payment is not verified. You should talk to the client, understand the requirements, and if that is something doable and the clients want to hire you, they must verify the payment method. You do not have to remind them to verify the payment method.

It's my understanding that a client can hire without verified payment method but earnings aren't under Upwork's Payment Protection.
- faizanusuf

So what I do in this case is let them know that once their payment method is verified and they issue the contract I can begin work in X amount of days.

It looks like "If you would like to proceed, I can begin work 3 business days after your payment method is verified and the contract is issued."  Feel free to copy and paste :o)

See now that's the sort of social proof and affirmation I was looking for.
That's exactly it! That's how I want to proceed but it's better when there's company.
Thanks, 😊
- faizanusuf

Good luck!

I've had some pretty great long-term clients that started off unverified.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths