https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYaZ57Bn4pQ

Best,
Michael
Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
12 of 16

@alexandru i wrote:

Here's a fun article of an US employee that outsourced his job: http://edition.cnn.com/2013/01/17/business/us-outsource-job-china/

I remember having read this back then, I still find it amazing. The guy has some guts :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 16

I remember that news too. The only thing that gave him away was that the admins noticed chinese activity on the firewall. Had he used another country, he might have gotten away with it longer.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Oreofe J Member Since: May 8, 2015
14 of 16

@Signe, that he met and worked someone like you through Upwork , yet he is unwilling to admit or be tied to it publicly is a little bit puzzling?

But then that's the way the world works some want to keep it on the 'down low'.

On the flip side , I am willing to bet there are lot's of client who would prefer to work with or through Upwork only and not give a hoot about public opinion.

Embarrassed of Upwork ? I have a million and one things I would be embarrassed of and it still won't include the platform where we solve problems , rage at the mods , troll on fellow community members ( heh , heh) and still earn some income.. Thats a good mix for me anyday.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
15 of 16

Client sounds like a loser.

Like a married dude with a chick on the side who tells her he loves her but won't take her out for fear that smoeone will see him.

And then Signe holds out that one day he will admit that he loves the work... one day. Maybe one day.

But we tell her it's never going to happen. He's a loser and she should move on.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
16 of 16

IMHO why the client is concerned is not important; what is important is that his/her request can be honored (and guaranteed) by Upwork.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS