🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is Unresponsive
Page options
liserobinson1
Community Member

Client is Unresponsive

I have an hourly rate contract with a client.
The last time the client emailed me was on September 14th requesting a meeting to followup on a few tasks. I responded right away on the email and shared my availability. I’ve since sent 3 followup emails with no response from the client - I have concluded that the client has ghosted me. It has been more than 1 month since hearing from the client. At which point do I terminate the contract?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Lise R wrote:
The last time the client emailed me was on September 14th requesting a meeting to followup on a few tasks. I responded right away on the email and shared my availability. I’ve since sent 3 followup emails with no response from the client - I have concluded that the client has ghosted me. It has been more than 1 month since hearing from the client. At which point do I terminate the contract?

Have you previously been paid under the contract? If yes, just leave it open a bit longer.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Lise R wrote:

Have you previously been paid under the contract? If yes, just leave it open a bit longer.

Yes. I’ve been working with the client for more than 9 months now. I have been paid for all work. I haven’t worked on this contract since September 14th. I’ll just keep the contract open. I’ve been working on Upwork for 5 years and have never had a client be this way. 😞

Lise R wrote:
 I’ve been working on Upwork for 5 years and have never had a client be this way. 😞

Don't worry about it, maybe he was hit by a bus or something 🙂 

I hope not! But you never know! Thanks for your help, Petra!
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths