🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is a scammer
Page options
muhammaduzair_83
Community Member

Client is a scammer

One client hire me take full work from me as he asked before after that I provided him work on my phone number as he contacted me directly then he said he want to hire someone else for it and ask me to cancel the project unfortunately he cancelled and request for refund payment in escrow. He take work from me now he blocked me. So what should I do now should I refund his payment? Or what will this situation effect my JSS.
10 REPLIES 10
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So what should I do now? Should I refund his payment?"

If you did the work you were asked to do, and provided the work to him, then you should NOT agree to a refund.

If you did NOT DO THE WORK, then you should immedately agree to the refund request.

If I refund his payment then he will be able to give me review ? As the contract is already cancelled by him.

If I refund his payment then he will be able to give me review ? As the contract is already cancelled by him.

At this point if client close contract he left review , read what Preston say to you , if you not work for money you go and return it back.

Sir , the contract has been cancelled by client .

I m new on upwork I don't know weather he will give me review after cancellation.

He also requested to refund his payment after cancellation. I have did his work but haven't submitted it for payment on upwork because at the time of submission he cancelled and requested for refund.

Muhammad U wrote:
Sir , the contract has been cancelled by client .
 --- after canceling there is no contract so there is no review
I m new on upwork I don't know weather he will give me review after cancellation.
LOOK at this link since you are new 
He also requested to refund his payment after cancellation. I have did his work but haven't submitted it for payment on upwork because at the time of submission he cancelled and requested for refund.

"I have did his work" , look what Preston say to do in this case.

So I should open the disputes . To claim my payment from him after if I won the disputes shall he be able to give me review?

Hi Muhammad,

I'm sorry to hear about how your contract with your client turned out. I checked your account, and it looks like you have also submitted a ticket to our team already. I can see that they also reached out to you regarding your client's refund request. One of our team members will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

If the client closed the contract, then he already gave you a review - it's impossible to close a contract without doing so. The review will be visible in 14 days, or when you leave a review for him. If you give a full refund, this will remove the public feedback but not private feedback (which hurts your JSS more). A dispute won't remove the feedback either, but if you did the work properly then you should get paid.
kinector
Community Member

What a mess, Muhammad. Sorry to hear this happened during your first couple of contracts.

The key to success is to read the client. Anything "off" as per your assessment and you'd better back off. Why take the risk of getting a bad review, refund, or dispute?

I'd be interested in knowing what caused the disagreement in the first place.

Anyway, I hope it works out.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members