🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking for Free work and Partnershi...
Page options
malik_asghar
Community Member

Client is asking for Free work and Partnership

I have read a Job and I would like to discuss about this. Client is asking for partnership with a start up whether it is in accordance with Upwork Rules and Policies?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michael_skaggs
Community Member

It absolutely isn't allowed. If they're not offering payment in the form of actual currency, it's against the ToS.

Click on the "Flag as inappropriate" option. Once you do that, you'll be given a list of reasons to choose from. One of them is "Client is asking for free work. Choose that one.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michael_skaggs
Community Member

It absolutely isn't allowed. If they're not offering payment in the form of actual currency, it's against the ToS.

Click on the "Flag as inappropriate" option. Once you do that, you'll be given a list of reasons to choose from. One of them is "Client is asking for free work. Choose that one.

Thanks for reply. I hope Upwork will take necessary actions as this is 3rd post by client in one month.

Hi Malik,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I'll share your report with our team for their review. 

Please, check this help article for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

The client/buyer is likely to be someone who hasn't thought through the actors in this situation and who who is focused on his own part in the script. In other words, pretty much like most freelancers and clients on all of the internet boards.

The client probably has an over-inflated view of the value of his idea. That's quite normal.He believes everyone can see that it is guaranteed to make billions. Offering partial ownership as payment for work is much better than money. What's the problem?

re: "The client probably has an over-inflated view of the value of his idea. That's quite normal."

Excellent.

The truth about the ideas that clients or potential clients have is that WITHOUT EXECUTION, their ideas are worthless.

Offering partial ownership as payment for work is much better than money. What's the problem?

Well it is against the TOS of Upwork as mentioned by another member.

Secondly If he has a Good idea then he should look for Financers Not Freelancers and use Right Platform for it. 

There are rules for each Platform and we should follow those rules.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths