🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is asking for email add and signin...
Page options
8e1dc72d
Community Member

Client is asking for email add and signing NDA before contract

After passing the company's assessment, my client asks me to give my email address to invite me to their tools and their other communication and asks me to sign NDA before giving me contract. Is it okay with that?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jaybee:

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for clients and freelancers to communicate outside of the Upwork Messages tool.

Until an official Upwork contract is in place.

Then, you may use any communication tools you want to use.

The good news is that this client said you already passed their assessment and he wants to hire you.

Tell the client that he can send you the NDA file via Upwork Messages. You can read it, sign it, and return it to him via Upwork Messages.

Then he can click the "Hire" button to officially hire you, and after he does that, you can provide your email address.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Jaybee:

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for clients and freelancers to communicate outside of the Upwork Messages tool.

Until an official Upwork contract is in place.

Then, you may use any communication tools you want to use.

The good news is that this client said you already passed their assessment and he wants to hire you.

Tell the client that he can send you the NDA file via Upwork Messages. You can read it, sign it, and return it to him via Upwork Messages.

Then he can click the "Hire" button to officially hire you, and after he does that, you can provide your email address.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Jaybee C wrote:
After passing the company's assessment, my client asks me to give my email address to invite me to their tools and their other communication and asks me to sign NDA before giving me contract. Is it okay with that?

I don't like the sound of this. Why do you need to do an assessment? What for? 

re: "I don't like the sound of this."

Well... yeah.

She is probably dealing with a scammer.

But she'll know one way or another once she asks him to officially hire her now.

If she really did pass their assessment and they really did select her and decide to hire her, then there is no excuse now to not hire her with an official Upwork contract. If they hire her and start paying her real money to do legitimate work, that's great. If they don't, then she'll know that they are full of hot air.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members