🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking for extra work again and aga...
Page options
ae4dcd94
Community Member

Client is asking for extra work again and again

Hi, I am stuck with one of my client have less technical knowledge. He didn't even funded the last milestone and asking me for more and more work and saying work is not complete how this work and how this work etc. Please help me to deal with it. I am stuck in it for 3 months. I have done a lot of extra work but everytime he demands more

9 REPLIES 9
spectralua
Community Member

Ask to change to hourly or milestone for additional works. If not then close contract and forgot. Do not waste more time.

Okay let me try. So I have to forgot my last payment and leave the work there...

Probably, because you made the mistake of working on an unfunded milestone. There is no way to ever get paid except if the client just decides they feel like paying you. You'll know for the future and not let the next client take advantage of you.

ae4dcd94
Community Member

Hi, I am stuck with one of my client have less technical knowledge. He didn't even funded the last milestone and asking me for more and more work and saying work is not complete how this work and how this work etc. Please help me to deal with it. I am stuck in it for 3 months.

I posted it on wrong place unable to delete this question

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Politely tell the client how much the work will cost and say that he needs to fund the milestone so that you can get started. If he doesn't do it, don't do any more work. You're the only one who can solve this.

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this. But whenever I did this he start saying that Work in not 100% completed I ask him what is remaining he ask for extra work that is not even discussed while starting the work even I've done a lot of extra work. Now 2 milestones funded and released. The last one he is not funding. Now what to do with project files then?

Tayyab M wrote:

Thanks for your reply, I have tried this. But whenever I did this he start saying that Work in not 100% completed I ask him what is remaining he ask for extra work that is not even discussed while starting the work even I've done a lot of extra work. Now 2 milestones funded and released. The last one he is not funding. Now what to do with project files then?

You submitted all of the work that was agreed to for the first two milestones, right? And you have no reason whatsoever to think that any of the work was incomplete or done incorrectly? 

Yes everything done correctly. I moved on now...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members