🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking for photo of my ID to sign N...
Page options
david_goder
Community Member

Client is asking for photo of my ID to sign NDA

Hello, 
My client wants me to share a scan of my ID in order to sign NDA. I want to help him get the document sorted, on the other hand, I don't want to share such information online.  how should I proceed?
Thanks.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Davit, 

I completely understand your concern. It is up to Freelancers to decide if they would want to submit their Identity documents to the Clients. Freelancers can decline the Client's request if they are concerned about submitting their documents.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hello Davit, 

I completely understand your concern. It is up to Freelancers to decide if they would want to submit their Identity documents to the Clients. Freelancers can decline the Client's request if they are concerned about submitting their documents.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Davit, the client already knows your name and already can see a photo of what you look like.

You are not required to send any documents or identify verification to any client. But some clients may ask for such and have restrictions that prevent them from hiring you if you don't.

If you decide to send something, but aren't comfortable sending some information...

Scan your ID and then use an image editing program to black out any key information that you don't want to share, such as your driver's license number or street address. You may include a note that states that Upwork has all your information on file and the client is free to contact Upwork to get any information they need or confirm your identity.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members