🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking for the payment after the ha...
Page options
4b9419ac
Community Member

Client is asking for the payment after the half of project.

Hhi there,

As i am working on upwork since a mont. this is my first ever projet which i have done on upworkthe . I have completed the project and submitted half of it. when i ask the client about the payment they told me to pay 100$ for a card which they will make as they are saying they will refund back once the project is completed. In the agreement it was written that the payment would be by PayPaul and others. now they are asking for the deposit. i just wanted to know whether i should pay or not is it ok for me to pay?

awaiting for the replyy..

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. You have not been hired. Is there a job in your "my jobs" list?

2. You communicated outside of upwork before hire. Not allowed.

3. You agreed to be paid outside of upwork. Ouch. 

4. You are talking to scammers that never intend to pay you, they just want to steal your money. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. You have not been hired. Is there a job in your "my jobs" list?

2. You communicated outside of upwork before hire. Not allowed.

3. You agreed to be paid outside of upwork. Ouch. 

4. You are talking to scammers that never intend to pay you, they just want to steal your money. 

THANK YOU DEAR, FOR YOUR SUGGESTION WILL DEFINITELY LEARN FROM IT..

arifsaeedd
Community Member

Apart from Martina's good comment, 

1. DO NOT work for client without contract

2. DO NOT work free samples as it will only hurt you and community (clients use this way to get work done for free, as they can give different parts to freelancers in the name of free samples)

3. since its your first contract and you are excited, but remember, payment outside Upwork is not allowed and your acount will get suspended with no hopes of reopening, So i recommend reading terms and conditions of upwork or atleast see video on it on youtube. 

MOST IMPORTANT, client is making a fool out of you if they are taking money from you, remember, money flows from Client to freelance via upwrok, not any other way around. 

Stop the work, read this twice, and only work with authentic contract in place, (which i think its not, if its not available in my jobs tab on your account) 

dont worry if you loose some work, we make mistakes to learn something, but DONT take money outside upwork. 

Thank you Arif for the suggestion , and motivation i will definetly learn from my previos mistake and go through all the points which you both have suggested..

Thanks once again

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members