🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is asking rework from milestone 1 to a...
Page options
alexannick
Community Member

Client is asking rework from milestone 1 to approve milestone 2. How you deal with this?

I have a client who is constantly changing requirement and now is asking things that were approved in milestone 1 in order to approve milestone 2.

What is the best practice to deal with this case?

I think that she is doing it on purpose in order not to pay. The changes that she is asking are working against the completion of the project and they do not have a logical basis. She does not provide instructions, only general things like .. make it faster, it does not work while there are screenshots of her running the solution, what happens in these cases?

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Nikolaos A wrote:

I have a client who is constantly changing requirement and now is asking things that were approved in milestone 1 in order to approve milestone 2.

What is the best practice to deal with this case?

I think that she is doing it on purpose in order not to pay. The changes that she is asking are working against the completion of the project and they do not have a logical basis. She does not provide instructions, only general things like .. make it faster, it does not work while there are screenshots of her running the solution, what happens in these cases?

It's up to you how to manage this client, but you can end collaboration any time you want. 

re: "I have a client who is constantly changing requirement and now is asking things that were approved in milestone 1 in order to approve milestone 2."

The technical term for a client who is constantly changing requirements is "a former client."

c051015b
Community Member

Makes sense! But what if, like in my case, the client doesn't even ask for a rework and simply extends the payment deadline with every new milestone opened? My client even states things like "sorry, need more time" and then after 3 weeks again "still in revision". Is a client allowed to do that, without actually asking for a rework/changes of the submitted work?

Your only open job is an hourly job. If you used the time tracker, you have already been paid regardless of whatever delays he has made. You have no open fixed-price contracts so you do not have any "new" milestones. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members