cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client is being unreasonable

bardo_dan
Dannielle B Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
1 of 3

I'm having an issue with a client. A few weeks ago, I told him that I won't be able to work for him anymore because I was facing some personal issues and he paused my contract with him. Now just a few days ago, he unpaused our contract and is now claiming that he paid me AFTER our contract ended, demanding that I work for him for free for the rest of the month!

What really happened was he ended up paying me the money he owed for weeks I DID work and wasn't paid for it. I found it absurd because it's not like you can log hours after you end/pause someone's contract and furthermore, you can't PAY SOMEONE if you end/pause their contract either so I have no clue what he's talking about! I even have Timesheets proving that I DIDN'T log any hours for him since I told him I'm not working for him anymore. 

I'd really like to end my contract with him and just forget about him, but I'm afraid he leaves a bad review on my profile and mess up my Upwork Reputation. He's not a nice person and I know he's going to do that. Can someone please help? 

melaniemaghanoy
Community Guru
Lanie M Member Since: Jun 24, 2015
2 of 3

Hi Danielle,

A member of our team will reach out to you shortly to further assist you.

bardo_dan
Dannielle B Member Since: Oct 20, 2017
3 of 3

Thanks so much. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS