🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is demanding more work for his low bud...
Page options
imdad-g-designer
Community Member

Client is demanding more work for his low budget

Hi Upwork community,

Please help me, Recently I got a top rated badge on my profile but a week ago, I got a order from client for Basic plan 30$. According project catalog, basic plan he purchase, he can get only two concept for his logo. Now the week is over and today is 3rd day of next week, I have provided him 5 concept but still he is not happy and asking me to redesign it. 

The project was to design polygonal giraffe logo shape, here are below these shape that I have design for very low budget 30$. Please check attacment.

How should I deal with client? is there any way to get rid of this client with out effecting my profile rating JSS? becuase he is expecting more concept and I asked many time to update his plan to advanced plan for concept then he get angy. 

Hopefully, you have understand my situation
Thanks for reading my problem.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Say no, of course.

Don't work for free.

It is a violation of Upwork ToS for a client to ask a freelancer to work for free.

You should have never spent one minute doing extra work for this client.

You are wasting your time.

00137e0a
Community Member

Don't work for free. Period.

However, I've seen some cases of people using stolen designs from other designers from websites like Dribble and 99designs to artificially build their reputation.

I'm not saying this is your case, but using other people's work as if it were your own will, of course, induce the client to have unrealistic expectations, so they'll keep asking for revisions in vain.

Again, I don't want to be misconstrued because I'm not saying this is your case, but in those cases, my advice would be to clean up their portfolio of any possible plagiarism before having the audacity to demand honesty from their clients.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members