🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is demanding refund
Page options
kamee0089
Community Member

Client is demanding refund

Hello,
Coming to the point, i am so disapointed to upwork, i am doing freelancing for 3 years, and i heared very much about upwork and their policies. Yesterday a client who need a graphic design and i made that designs first as a trial then client told me every thing he want i made the design same as his requirement but he was not cleared about his requirements what he need.I made so many revisions without any problem i send him aprox 5-6 png file and at the end for no reason he ended the contract and said me that thanks for the help i have done that project. He ended the contract and send me the request to refund him all the money. I dont know what i should do if i would refund him all the money my JSS would be affected badly and if i wont refund he would give me bad review and rating . I made the designs according to his requirement indont know what he need me to do and he was unclear i dont have any choice what should i do further now.
Please guide me
Thankyou
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think I'm right in saying that a dispute doesn't cost you anything (except your time) so you might as well dispute the refund. If the client fails to respond to the dispute he will lose. If he responds, an Upwork mediator will encourage the two of you to reach an agreement. If you don't reach an agreement,  your choice will be between refunding or going to arbitration. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
a_lipsey
Community Member

Kamran M wrote:
Hello,
Coming to the point, i am so disapointed to upwork, i am doing freelancing for 3 years, and i heared very much about upwork and their policies. Yesterday a client who need a graphic design and i made that designs first as a trial then client told me every thing he want i made the design same as his requirement but he was not cleared about his requirements what he need.I made so many revisions without any problem i send him aprox 5-6 png file and at the end for no reason he ended the contract and said me that thanks for the help i have done that project. He ended the contract and send me the request to refund him all the money. I dont know what i should do if i would refund him all the money my JSS would be affected badly and if i wont refund he would give me bad review and rating . I made the designs according to his requirement indont know what he need me to do and he was unclear i dont have any choice what should i do further now.
Please guide me
Thankyou

There is the potential for a mistake. Have you simply asked the client why he has requested a refund? Maybe he just saw the button and hit it, thinking it would mean a discount/break/free. The first thing to do is communicate with the client to resolve it. You can simply decline to refund the money. That may or may not escalate the issue. 

I really appriciate your reply.
I have sent him messages but he is not responding at all.
petra_r
Community Member

Kamran M wrote:
 I dont know what i should do if i would refund him all the money my JSS would be affected badly and if i wont refund he would give me bad review and rating . 

The client has already ended the contract. That means the client already left private feedback, which is what affects the JSS.

You are free to dispute the return of the Escrow funds.

I think I'm right in saying that a dispute doesn't cost you anything (except your time) so you might as well dispute the refund. If the client fails to respond to the dispute he will lose. If he responds, an Upwork mediator will encourage the two of you to reach an agreement. If you don't reach an agreement,  your choice will be between refunding or going to arbitration. 

Thankyou i really appriciate your reply

Thankyou so much
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths