🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Client is holding the project
Page options
hmgaming
Community Member

Client is holding the project

Hi there,
I've completed two milestones from two different contracts I got from one client. The client is just delaying the milestone approval. It's been like 1.5 months since completed the first milestone and around 2 weeks since the second milestone. The client says her QC team will review the changes for both milestones and pass on the revisions. Whenever I contact her and ask for revisions, she just gives me a date and never follows it. I've done 2 - 3 milestones with her initially and also got the payment for those. But now she has taken too much time. What should I do now? I think it's not a good choice to use the "Submit work" button she'll reject it by saying we haven't done the QC test.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
yofazza
Community Member

she'll reject it by saying we haven't done the QC test.

There are clients like this even outside of Upwork but in Upwork it's easier because there's the Submit Work button. So just click it. It's the purpose. By design it should be used by you to report a completed task and allows the client 2 weeks for QC / asking revision. 

Maybe you say in the Submission message box, "I'm sorry for submitting the work, I realized I made a few strategic mistakes after reading some posts in the community forum. In general I do need to submit a completed work, for you to review."

Or something like that... But it of course your decision, know the risks. Do you want it to escalate or not.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yofazza
Community Member

she'll reject it by saying we haven't done the QC test.

There are clients like this even outside of Upwork but in Upwork it's easier because there's the Submit Work button. So just click it. It's the purpose. By design it should be used by you to report a completed task and allows the client 2 weeks for QC / asking revision. 

Maybe you say in the Submission message box, "I'm sorry for submitting the work, I realized I made a few strategic mistakes after reading some posts in the community forum. In general I do need to submit a completed work, for you to review."

Or something like that... But it of course your decision, know the risks. Do you want it to escalate or not.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members