🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Client is impersonating my company
Page options
polymathdigital
Community Member

Client is impersonating my company

I don't use Upwork, but I just created an account so I could flag this job listing (I'm also posting here to make sure this is resolved):
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

The client is claims to be affiliated with
**Edited for Community Guidelines**. I know this is false because I'm the owner of musicformakers.com. And I'm now getting emails from freelancers about this job — that's how I found out about it. Please remove this listing ASAP, or let me know if there are any additional steps I should take.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Logan,

Thank you for this report. I've escalated your concerns already and we'll have it addressed shortly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
florydev
Community Member

That sucks Logan.  I will flag this so that a mod sees it sooner rather than later.

I kind of of want to apply to see what the scam is.

Thanks, Mark! Yeah — I'm curious, too, honestly. Not sure what they stand to gain from the impersonation.

Logan N wrote:

Thanks, Mark! Yeah — I'm curious, too, honestly. Not sure what they stand to gain from the impersonation.

Well unforunately there are a lot of scams that popup here because Upwork attracts a lot of people who are trying to find a way to do this freelancing thing and can be somewhat desperate.  I think it is going to be especially bad right now because of the quarantines, job losses and slowdowns people are looking to find extra income.  

Blood in the water attracts sharks.  

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Logan,

Thank you for this report. I've escalated your concerns already and we'll have it addressed shortly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Great. Thanks for your fast response, Bojan.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths